3 steps to submit to the Journal
(Be sure to check our suggestions and guidelines)
1. PTG Journal Contract:
This link/web form is to confirm the agreement between you, the author, and The Piano Technicians Guild, Incorporated (“we” or “PTG”) concerning a manuscript and/or other materials you have submitted/will submit for publication in the Piano Technicians Journal in connection with an article entitled or described as follows (the “Work”): See Article Name above.1. Editing: We may edit or revise the Work to make it more appropriate for our readers. These changes may be small and few, or they may be more extensive, but whatever changes we make will be for the benefit of our readers, their understanding and enjoyment of the article.
2. Publication: We currently intend to publish the article or articles referenced above. However, our editorial needs could require us to postpone publication or, in unusual circumstances, we could decide not to publish the article at all.
3. Our Rights: You grant PTG a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to use and exploit all or any part of the Work, in any format or version, by any means and in any media, whether now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, the right to reproduce, make derivative works, and distribute by any means). You further consent to our use of your name and likeness in connection with the Work, in any form (including distortions and alterations), and, in connection therewith, you waive any rights of privacy or publicity.
4. Your Rights: As Author of the Work, you may publish the Work, or grant someone else the right to do so, provided, however, that you agree that you shall not publish the Work in any manner until at least ninety days following our publication date. If you want to use any material appearing in addition to the Work (for example, if you provided a manuscript but not the illustrations or photographs) you must first obtain our written permission (or the written permission of the owner of that copyrighted material).
5. Warranties: You warrant to us as follows:
a. You created the Work or, if the Work (or any portion of it, such as charts, drawings or photographs) was created by or belongs to someone else, or if anyone else has any rights in or to the materials, you have obtained all the necessary releases from those persons and will provide us copies at our request.
b. You have the unrestricted right to enter into and perform this letter of agreement and to grant the rights set forth here.
c. The Work, as submitted, will not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property (or any other rights) of others nor contain any material of a libelous, scandalous or unlawful nature.
6. Legal Status: This letter of agreement will not constitute any relationship of partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment between us. You shall be responsible for and pay and discharge any and all obligations to federal, state, or local governments for income or earnings taxes, social security contributions, unemployment compensation contributions, or any other similar obligations (including withholding) arising out of your activities under this letter of agreement.
7. Law and Jurisdiction: Interpretation and enforcement of this letter of agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Kansas, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and any action related to this letter of agreement or the Work shall be brought exclusively courts of Wyandotte County, Kansas, or the United States District Court for the District of Kansas.
8. Only Agreement: This letter of agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and PTG with respect to its subject matter. If the contents of this letter of agreement accurately reflect our mutual understanding, please sign in the space provided at the bottom and return one fully signed copy to us, keeping a copy for your files.
Thank you for your submission to the Piano Technicians Journal. **