TriForce Mission Team
Teen Registration Packet
Registration: The mission trip is open to all Catholic teens entering 8th grade through graduating seniors as of August 2018. Registrations are accepted until September 23, 2018. Please complete and return the Consent and Liability page of this packet and $75 non-refundable registration fee to reserve your space for the mission trip.
Cost: Each participant is responsible for the $650 cost which includes the Group Mission Trips fee, transportation and miscellaneous costs (food when traveling, t-shirt, day off activities, etc.). A $75.00 non-refundable deposit MUST accompany the Consent and Liability form. If the $75 deposit will cause a hardship for the family, please contact Carrie or Dave. Additionally, each participant is required to obtain at least $100 in personal sponsorship toward his or her account. The balance of $475 can be earned by additional personal sponsorship, group fundraisers, or by paying the balance directly. Each participant’s balance will be kept track of and a statement will be sent out periodically. If your trip balance has not been met by April 1, 2019, you will be notified of the remaining balance. All trip balances are expected to be met by May 15, 2019.
Cancellations: Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable after September 23, 2018. All funds raised through fundraising and donations are non-refundable. Please let Carrie or Dave know by May 14, 2019 if you are no longer able to attend the mission trip. Otherwise, you will still be responsible for paying or raising any funds left on your account balance.
Departure: The Team will be leaving St. Louis Parish, Batesville on the afternoon of July 6, 2019. We will be celebrating Mass and staying with a youth group at Fr. McGivney Catholic High School* in Glen Carbon, Illinois. Therefore, we will need to load the tools and supplies onto the trailer and decorate the rental vans before we leave. *If something arises between now and the departure time that would prevent us from staying at Fr. McGivney, we will make similar arrangements with another Catholic Church or youth group.
Disclaimer: All participants must leave with the team from St. Louis Parish on July 6th and will return with the team on July 13th. If an emergency arises that would require otherwise, we will make arrangements at that time. We reserve the right to call parents to arrange pick up of their teens at any time throughout the trip in the event of misconduct, injury, or illness.
Website: There will be helpful information available about fundraisers, events, and trip information (such as lodging information, sample menus, sample schedules, and much more) on the team website. Please visit the website at least once per month to keep up to date. While you are there, look for the hidden icon to receive a scholarship toward your trip account! Triforcemissionteam.com/members
Teen Participant Expectation Throughout the Year:
The TriForce Mission TEAM is a team. Like all sports, academic, or other teams, you must make the practices to play in the game. Team members are required to attend monthly meetings and the events and fundraisers. The meetings help prepare everyone physically, mentally, and spiritually. The events and fundraisers help build friendships and raise money. A team building retreat is planned for Nov. 11th.
Attendance will be taken at each meeting, but keep track of your attendance. Please notify Carrie or Dave if you will not be at a meeting or other team event. Unexcused absences may result in loss of your space for the trip. Meetings occur once per month on Sunday from 4-6 pm. Tentative dates are 8/26, 9/23, 10/21, 11/11 (during retreat), 12/16, 1/27, 2/17, 3/31, 4/28, 5/19, and 6/9.
Each teen is urged to participate in Youth Ministry programs offered by our connected parishes.
Each teen is expected to participate in service events with the Team throughout the year. These may include Called 2 Serve (1 day local missions), parish events, and local service projects. Opportunities for these will be emailed to the email address(es) provided on your registration form.
Each teen is required to attend weekly Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation.
Teen Expectations During Mission Trip:
100% participation in all programs. Be on time and participate in all evening devotions.
Mass attendance when required by the adult leaders.
No cell phones used during any of the programs. If you talk, text or play on them, your phone will be taken by an adult leader and returned at the end of the trip.
All participants are expected to be in their sleeping spots and quiet by “lights out” at 11:00pm.
Cell phones off at 11:00pm (when lights are out).
No teen is permitted to leave the school campus at any time, except to your work site. If you need something, check with an adult leader, and they will get it for you.
All teens will sign and adhere to the Code of Conduct as well as all rules set forth by the Youth Minister(s), Archdiocese of Indianapolis, and the connected parishes.
The TriForce Mission Team relies heavily on parental involvement to make our program a success. As a parent, you will be asked to assist with various fundraising projects, service projects, and chaperoning of events.
Ensure that your teen’s participation in monthly meetings, periodic service projects, and fundraisers is prioritized as a part of their growth in faith and as a member of the mission team.
All parents who help with youth activities MUST complete the Safe and Sacred online program, have a current (within 3 years) background check on file at the parish office, and have signed a Code of Conduct as required by the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
Teen Code of Conduct:
1. I agree to respect the rights and property of others. I understand that neither vandalism nor stealing will be tolerated. Financial obligations resulting from such behavior will be my, and my family’s, sole responsibility.
2. I agree to respect adult leaders and other participants.
3. I agree to demonstrate Christian values by my language and behavior.
4. I will not participate in games such as Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, Would you Rather or other such games that may lead to inappropriate behavior.
5. I understand that the following behavior is appropriate conduct.
• One armed side hugs • Verbal praise • Handshakes • High fives and hand slapping • Arms around shoulders • Hold hands during prayer
6. I understand that the following behaviors are samples of inappropriate conduct. Please note that this list is not inclusive.
• Kissing • Inappropriate touching • Comments that relate to a youth’s body • Massages of any kind • Verbal sarcasm • Any form of unwanted affection
7. I agree not to possess any drugs, tobacco, alcohol, fireworks, matches, cigarette lighters, knives, guns or items that would endanger people, pets, wildlife, or property, or are illegal.
8. I agree to dress appropriately. I understand that this prohibits short shorts, tank tops, any clothing that exposes mid-drift or undergarments, or that has any reference to profanity, tobacco or alcohol products including insignias or advertisements. (When an event may allow for a bathing suit or other such attire, this may be done modestly and in good taste.)
9. I will act as a lady or gentleman and refrain from any profanity or inappropriate language or behavior.
10. I will not leave an event, unless my adult leader grants permission.
11. I will not use my cell phone, or other electronic device during Mission Team meetings or events. During the mission trip, I will not use such electronic devices at my worksite, during programs, or during devotions.
12. I will be open to building new relationships with my peers and adult leaders.