Every year, AVP-USA offers a limited number of grants to help start new Groups and/or expand Local and Regional AVP Groups. This page explains the main sections that will need to be filled out in the Local Group Support Grant Application that will be reviewed by the Committee of Local and Regional Groups (CLARG).
What can be paid for with these grants?
- Travel costs (transportation, food and lodging) to bring facilitators from other areas to staff a workshop to help start or strengthen a local AVP group.
- Regional meetings to bring together facilitators from more than one AVP local or state group to coordinate workshops or otherwise strengthen AVP activities in a state or region.
- Materials such as flip charts, pens, markers, tape, koosh balls, and other supplies for workshops or AVP program outreach.
- NOTE: If you need manuals, apply for a separate Manuals Grant.
How much grant money is available?
AVP/USA will provide up to $500 per application. The number of grants approved will depend on the amount of funds available for that year. Preference will be given to groups which have not previously received financial support from AVP/USA.
When to Submit your Application
Proposals will be reviewed in the order they are received at any time of the year. Keep in mind that most funds will be available at the beginning of the fiscal year on July 1. Submit your application at least two months before you will need funds for your event to allow sufficient time for committee review and response to possible follow-up questions.
AVP/USA wants all local AVP groups to become self-sufficient. Please describe your efforts and/or plans in these areas:
- Securing additional funds to support your group’s activities in the next few years.
- Timeline for offering the full series of AVP workshops including aTraining for Facilitators workshop.
- Recruiting participants and facilitators and other outreach activities to build a functional long-term group.
Within 60 days after your workshop or other meeting, send a concise report to the CLARG clerk that includes:
- A brief description of the successes and challenges of your workshop or event and how it helped advance your sustainability goals (described above).
- A statement of how your funds were spent according to the categories outlined in your budget proposal and how any excess funds will be spent.
If your project included a full workshop that qualified for issuing certificates (at least 18 hours), enter the data for it under your chapter’s section on the AVP/USA website or your state website. Contact Webmaster@avpusa.org if you need assistance with this process.
How to Apply for the Grant
- We encourage you to review this application with your regional CLARG representative (see list of CLARG Regional Reps) before submitting it. Also please contact the Clerk of CLARG with any questions.
- Complete and print the Grant Application from the button at the end of the form.
- Select "Submit My Application". Your request will be sent by email to all CLARG representatives.
- CLARG should acknowledge receipt of your application within one week and will contact you if it has any questions before letting you know its decision.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a check from the AVP-USA Treasurer along with a reminder about the reporting requirements for accepting the grant. AVP-USA grants will be dispersed to organizational banks accounts only. A Fiscal Sponsor (i.e Friends Meeting, non-profit, church, community organization) can be used in place of a local group bank account. Please let us know if you have any questions in regards to the requirements of the grant.