Thanks so much for your interest in volunteering at One Love Festival! We have a fantastic location this year that allows for expansion in many ways. There are lots of volunteer opportunities before, during and after our event. Please complete the application now so we may be able to best utilize your help. We will try to accommodate your preferences and will definitely appreciate your flexibility if your assistance is needed elsewhere. If you have some expertise that you are willing to offer, tell us about it in the answer box about skills. If you are a qualified EMT or have medical skills, please say so in that box as well.
Our volunteers work behind the scenes, supporting the department managers to produce the festival, to keep it clean, and to tear it all down when it is over. It's a rewarding experience to produce a transformational festival and to give festival goers the best One Love Experience yet!
We depend very much on the help we get from our volunteers; and we appreciate it, a lot! Our volunteers are part of the community that is the event. We look to you to be helpful in all the tasks because they are all necessary, as well as helping to spread the loving vibe that we and the Festival are about. We want you to enjoy the Festival even while working. But every area of the production depends upon volunteers that are committed to being there when we need them. A trend among festivals in general has developed where too many volunteers applied; got accepted; were assigned a department, task and time slot and not shown up. This has led festivals, including ours, to require a deposit as collateral for you showing up for your shifts. Provided you show up on time, sober and as agreed upon, after you complete all your shifts you will be fully refunded within two weeks after the event for your deposit. If you are accepted, you will be required to purchase a full price ticket. If you are unable to make the deposit, we will be offering an alternate method by securely taking your credit card information. The card will NOT be charged unless you do not fulfill your committed hours.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you have been accepted to be on our team and need to cancel, you have until May 15th to do so in order to be refunded your deposit. Cancellations dated May 15th 2021, or after will not be refunded. Cancellations need to be communicated via email ONLY. Please put, "I need to cancel" in the subject line.
You will receive an email from us with details about paying the deposit in mid-August; so be ready. After we receive your deposit, we will assign you a department based on your preferences, skills, experience and our needs. Wait a couple of weeks to hear back from us.
The One Love Fest welcomes volunteers who are ready to be an integral part of the One Love Fest team and who will bring enthusiasm and joy to spread the One Love vibe (and we mean that)! Please read through the details carefully.
The One Love Experience agrees to the following understanding with volunteers:
• Volunteers do need to purchase a general ticket.
• There is free camping and car parking for you in the Volunteer Camping area. During the event, you are free to camp in any general camping area within the Festival grounds.
• Volunteers will have access to the Festival site for the weekend.
• Volunteers will be provided one healthy meal per day on the days of their shifts.
• Volunteers will receive respectful treatment at all times.
• Volunteers will receive proper training and support to ensure a safe and secure experience when necessary.
• Volunteers will have direct access to the Volunteer Coordinator and Support Team at all times.
• The One Love Fest will abide by all health and safety regulations and provide information regarding these regulations on request.
The Volunteer agrees to the following understanding with the One Love Fest:
• All Volunteers will submit a fully-completed Volunteer Application form, with accurate information.
• Volunteers will provide the Festival with emergency contact information and inform the Festival of any known medical conditions that are relevant to the safety and emergency care of said volunteer. (For example, severe allergies, physical limitations, required additional accommodations for any health issue).
• All Volunteers will attend general Festival and committee meetings as directed.
• All Volunteers will complete either 14-16 volunteer hours.
• All Volunteers will complete their Festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (including: showing up on time for shifts, staying required duration, wearing volunteer ID while on shift, not sharing ID with anyone else, respectful treatment of other volunteers, staff, performers and patrons of the Festival). Those that don't comply risk loosing their deposit.
• All Volunteers will abide by the policies of the One Love Fest including, but not limited to: zero tolerance for use of violence, harassment; no consumption of illegal drugs or alcohol while on shift.
AGE REQUIREMENT: You MUST be at least 18 years of age at the time of applying to be considered for the team. No exceptions.
• Areas in which driving is necessary require volunteers with a clean driving record and the appropriate class of drivers license.
• Some areas may require specialized abilities and/or training.
• This event is being recorded. Completion and acceptance of your Volunteer Application constitutes an acknowledgement of this fact and a release of the use of any and all images obtained. By entering this event you release and forever hold harmless The One Love Fest Finance Inc., it's principals, agents, employees, and all exhibitors/vendors and any and all media entities including their principals, agents, and employees from any and all liability claims, known and/or unknown, arising from the use of said images. You agree to being recorded by any means and the use of such recording may appear on or in any web site, brochure, commercial (television or radio or other) or any promotion for One Love Fest and such images or sound recordings can be used by The One Love Fest, with no compensation due.
• By continuing with the application you agree to have read and accept the Terms and Conditions outlined above.