WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COUNSELING
This is what your Counselor can/will do:
1. Work with individuals, groups and families to improve mental health
2. Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences
3. Examine issues including substance abuse, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, relationships, LGBTQ issues, self-image, stress and suicide
4. Help clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
5. Develop therapeutic processes
6. Refer clients to psychologists and other services
7. Take a holistic (mind and body) approach to mental health care
This is what your Counselor Will/Should Not do:
1. Give advice that tells you what to do.
2. Provide business consulting through the counseling venue.
3. Exclude your past issues or overlook issues like depression, anxiety etc.
4. Among other things, Your counselor is not your consultant or best friend. Although counselors are people you consult with on your strategies and goals, they are focused on your mental health. They are not to be your business consultant, organizational manager or financial advisor.
In the coaching relatioship, you will be invited to examine your life, past present and future. You should be aware that if any of the issues have sadness or difficult feelings and emotions attached to them in the normal course of your life, it is likely that these same feelings and emotions will emerge in a session. You must decide whether this is something you can handle at this time. Your willingness to experience these feelings and emotions honestly, and then let go of them, can open the way to a more joyful experience of living. The choice to do so, however, and the degree of your participation in the process, rests with you alone.
The information requested here is meant to enable your counselor to better support you. It is not possible for A God Send to predict any experience. If during the course you find yourself feeling uncomfortable notify your counselor immediately.
BY TYPING YOUR NAME IN THE BOX BELOW, you hereby acknowledge and attest that you have thoroughly and carefully read the information contained herein, that you understand it and agree to it, and that you have answered all questions truthfully.