EPIC Ansaar (Helper)
Thank you for your interest in signing up to volunteer as Ansaar (helper) for Newcomers/Reverts. Please review the responsibilities below and fill the form to volunteer as an Ansaar.
ANSAAR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR NEWCOMERS/REVERTS:
- Provide one paragraph summary about the newcomer/revert (and his/her family if applicable) to be included in the weekly e-newsletter.
- Provide a gift bag and introduce the newcomer/revert to the community after Isha prayer or during family night.
- Provide social support to the newcomer/revert and family by providing information about housing/apartment options, information about local schools including Islamic and public schools, introductions to other families, help with transportation if needed, and other miscellaneous support
- Religious questions should be referred to the Imam.
ANSAAR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR REVERTS:
- For reverts, in addition to the above responsibilities, provide religious support with basic information such as how to pray, read Quran and basic islamic literature and resources.
- Questions that the Ansaar mentor is uncertain about must be referred to the Imam.