ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION:
· ALL parade entries MUST showcase a holiday theme and display holiday décor and lights.
· Entries applicants are all subject to approval by Parade Organizers
· Entries are selected on their entertainment value, uniqueness, size, and appearance
· NO Santa or Mrs. Claus costumes. There will be only one official Santa & Mrs. Claus in the parade
· The parade participants must be “family friendly” appropriate
· The Parade will not be used as a platform for special interests
· Lights must be used on entries. Music is encouraged to accompany the entry
ENTRY APPLICATION FORM:
· The entry application form must be completed and signed with the understanding of the general rules and guidelines.
· The parade organizers reserve the right to reject any entry at any time
· Applicants will receive notification of their acceptance within two weeks of receipt
· Staging instructions will be emailed approximately two weeks prior to the parade
· The rules and guidelines are for the safety and quality of the parade. Failure to abide by these rules and guidelines and those presented with the parade information package may result in the entry's removal from the parade
· A fee of $125.00 is required for commercial/business entries (check, made payable to the Hollister Downtown Association) or the business must be part of the Parade Sponsorship Program. Contact the Hollister Downtown Association for sponsor opportunities.
· A commercial business entry cannot be used as a “major” advertisement
THIS IS A FORWARD MOTION PARADE:
· All entries are required to maintain a continuous forward motion during the parade. No stopping
NO TOSSING OR DISTRIBUTING HANDOUTS, CANDY OR FAVORS:
· Nothing can be tossed or handed out along the parade route, or curbside due liability policies set forth by the parade insurance company and the City.
· Identification banners are encouraged for entries in the parade
· Signs must be for identification purpose only and not as an advertisement or political statement. No phone numbers, addresses or websites listed, please.
· Only a significant act of nature will cancel the parade, of which all units would be notified.
· If for some unforeseen reason, your unit is not able to participate in the parade after being accepted, you must contact the parade staff, prior to the parade date.
· Entries absent on parade day without proper notification may not receive future invitations.
MARCHING MUSICAL UNITS:
· Musical units are requested to perform the one-mile parade route.
· Unit members are required to be in uniform attire.
· Floats cannot exceed 60 feet in length (including tow vehicle), 13 feet in height and 10 feet wide.
· Float entries must follow the “Parade Float Guidelines” that will be mailed following receipt of the entry application.
· Float entries are to provide a sketch of their proposed entry with description.
MARCHERS / SPECIALTY UNITS: (Costumes, Color Guards, Drill/Dance/Baton, Scout Groups)
· Units will be considered for their entertainment value or uniqueness.
· Plain clothed marching entries will not be accepted.
· Entries requiring vehicles to carry sound systems must notify parade organizers on the application. Carts or vehicles accompanying the entry must be decorated.
· Drill / Dance routines must be choreographed for forward motion. No stopping to perform.
· Vehicles considered for entry must be antique or unique.
· Vehicles permitted in the parade will be restricted in numbers, no more than three car clubs and clubs are limited to 8 cars per club. No more than two motorcycle or bike clubs and limited to 15 motorcycles or bikes. Other types of off-road vehicles, no more than five.
· No commercial or private vehicles are allowed in the parade without prior written approval by the parade staff.
· No one under the age of 18 allowed to drive any type of motorized vehicle in the parade.
EQUESTRIANS / ANIMAL UNITS:
· No more than 6 horses per entry. No more than three equestrian groups will be allowed in the parade
· Any animal deemed unsafe in the parade will be removed.
· All animal units must provide their own “clean-up” crew to follow their unit in the parade.
· Equestrian riders should be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult trainer.
· All equestrian entries MUST have trainers walking with every two horses.
· Animal waste left in the staging area, in the parade line-up, or along the parade route MUST be removed immediately. A fine of $150.00 will be accessed for non-compliance.
SPECIAL GUESTS / DIGNITARIES:
· Guests and Dignitaries are by invitation only.
PARTICIPANT AGE RESTRICTIONS:
· Walking participants must be at least six years old or older.
· There must be a least one adult escort for every six children under the age of 13 years.
· Young children riding on a float must have adult supervision on and around them.