CONTESTANT RULES, REQUIREMENTS, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
The 2nd annual World Bear Contest will be held in Cincinnati, OH from October 3rd-6th, 2019. The contest is open to any gender over 21 years of age who has won a bear/cub/leather/uniform title within the past 4 years from any state, regional, national, or international event. Applicants from any country are encouraged to compete.
All contestants will be required to complete the following tasks in order to be eligible to compete in the contest:
Complete the online contest application.
Have (4) outfits ready for the nights of the contest. Contest categories consist of the following:
Title Wear (show off your sash/vest/crown/etc)
Theme Wear (Halloween/Horror-Themed)
Fantasy/Fetish Wear (fetish, costumes, etc - be creative!)
Formal Wear (dress to impress)
NOTE: You may NOT expose your genitalia during the competition. Butt cheeks & crack are allowed. Contestants who show genitalia will be disqualified immediately! You MAY wear a thong or jock strap during any category, if you wish. No confetti, water, liquids, or body fluids are allowed on the stage during the contest.
Participants MUST check-in by 5:00pm on Thursday, October 3rd, 2019 to be eligible to participate in the contest. There will be a brief mandatory Orientation Meeting on Thursday evening to discuss more information for all contestants.
Contestants will be required to sell Raffle Tickets to raise money for our event's chosen charity throughout the entire event. Highest ticket sales will be used to determine the winner in the event of a tie.
In lieu of paying for an event pass at World Bear Weekend, all contestants are asked to bring (1) raffle basket of items to be on display for our Raffle throughout the weekend. The contestant with the highest amount of ticket sales will win a free pass to the 2019 event! The winning title holders will receive the total amount of funds they raised during the specified raffle times as reimburseable travel allowance to be used over the next year.
Contestants must adhere to all rules & regulations associated with the World Bear contest.
If you are one of the winners of the 2019 World Bear Contest, you agree to represent World Bear Weekend and the Bear Community in a positive manner for (1) full year in events in your area, and/or abroad, including (but not limited to) state & local Pride events, future World Bear Weekend contests, and bear/non-bear LGBTQ+ activities in the contestant's home areas. The winner would also be asked to return to the 2020 World Bear Contest to assist in next year's contest. In addition to the $1,000 cash prize, the winner will receive a free run pass to next year's event, and other prizes. To see the entire prize package offered to each winning title holder, visit worldbearweekend.com/contest/.
We politely request that all winners refrain from competing for other titles during your reigning title year. This is, after all, a WORLD title. We want you to wear it proudly, and represent us & yourself with the utmost pride.
Judges will be announced within a few months prior to the event. Be kind & courteous to all judges, and do refrain from fraternizing until the contest has ended.
By checking the box below, you agree to the following:
○ I have answered all information truthfully & accurately.
○ I will not hold World Bear Weekend, its officers, owners, members, show coordinators, venue, nor any other entity associated with either entity, liable for any type of injury, physical or otherwise, sustained as a result of any involvement with the organization and this event.
○ I assume total responsibility for my personal actions, and will be held accountable for any negativity toward the event, the producers, or fellow contestants that is spread throughout social media and the public - regardless if I win a title, or not.
○ I confirm that I will be at least 21 years of age, or older by the contest start date.
○ I confirm that my current title reign & obligations will have ended prior to the start of the World Bear Contest.
○ I, the contestant, also release World Bear Weekend, and its officers from any and all liability arising from the publications with my likeness. Photos will be limited and personal preferences regarding photos and usage will be abided by when promoter is notified in advance.