All projects to be considered for USCGEF must meet the following criteria, and align with these targeted topics: University Engagement, Carbon Neutrality, Education, Energy Reduction, Procurement, Water Conservation, and/or Waste Diversion.
1) Environmental sustainability on UPC/HSC or surrounding communities must be the focal point and should follow a goal-oriented structure.
2) Only USC students are eligible for submission with advisement from staff and faculty. Individuals and organizations outside USC may not submit proposals independently.
3) Faculty advisors in support must sign projects evaluated and must continue to serve as an advisor for the duration of the project.
4) Projects already mandated by law or directives are not eligible.
5) Evaluation and reporting requirements must be developed for eligible projects.
6) The Grant Allocation Committee has final say on fund allocation and project approval, and reserves the right to adjust requirements accordingly.
7) Proposals must include a line item for signage that credits the project as “funded by the USC Green Engagement Fund” and logo with the year it was funded, which should be added to the project upon completion