Please note: Rain or Shine Event
NO electric or water available. You must provide all needed power cords, power supply, potable water, cord protection, etc. that your operation requires. While we do our best to not duplicate,There is NO GUARANTEE that you are the only vendor of your type.
Please Note All tents must be adequately weighted. There is absolutely NO STAKING of any kind permitted at venue.
Date & Location of Event
When: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Time: 10AM - 5 PM
Where: Legislative Mall, 411 Legislative Ave.,
Dover, DE 19901.
Please complete the following information:
RAIN DATES AND VENDOR FEES
This is a rain or Shine event. Vendor fees are non-refundable should the festival be canceled or shortened due to inclement weather. Vendor Fees will not be refunded if you decide to cancel or not show up.
All approved vendors will receive a Delaware Pride Vendor confirmation e-mail upon receipt of payment.
If you have not received this, then we may not have your application. Please email us at DP_Vendor@Delawarepride.org, or call 302-265-3020.
**All Non Delaware Food Vendors Must include the Enviromental Health Field Services (Provided at the end of this form) with your Application. Delaware Food Vendors should already have one on file with the state. Mobile Food Vendors Must attach a copy of their mobile food permit**
Food Vendor Types
Snack Vendor: Snacks are great and we need your munchies to make Delaware Pride an even more amazing event! Popcorn, Ice Cream, Pretzels, Candy, Cupcakes, Cookies, Specialty Beverages and more! Snack Vendors main item will not be duplicated and will be limited in each category.
Food Concessionaire: The registration for Food Trucks and like food vendors selling proteins, sandwiches, sides and such. If you're questioning whether you are or not, you most likely are a food concessionaire. We will do everything to fit your truck in and accomomodate. Please be sure to submit the correct measurement and we do ask that you are not more than 10 feet wide.
**Please make sure to select the proper footage for your vehicle, as we use these measurements to plan placement. Vendors with vehicles larger than the approved and paid space will be charged $10 for each additional foot over.
If you need a space size larger than listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendor Addional Option Charges
Total Vendor Fees:
* Estimated Cost based on your selections. Final Cost is calculated at Paypal Checkout. If paying by Check, please make sure to verify your selections.
Great to Hear! Please complete the below section for the Parade.
Parade: Saturday, June 1, 2019 • 9AM – 10AM • Dover, DE 19901. The Delaware Pride Parade will start at the intersection of S. West St and Lockerman St., it will continue down Lockerman turning right onto Federal St. and ending at Martin Luther King Blvd S.
A Participant Application is required from any person, group or other association seeking to participate in the Delaware Pride Parade (a “Participant”). This includes, but is not limited to, commercial, business related, trade, charitable, non-profits, for profits, clubs, lodges, bars, religious, industrial, associations, political elected officials or political parties. The Delaware Pride Parade is open to varying types of parade “units” such as floats and/or motorized unites, marching and/or performing units and walking units.
The primary function of this Participant Application is for the Delaware Pride Parade Committee to understand and attempt to incorporate Participants into the Delaware Pride Parade where possible. Types and quantity of Participants will be determined based upon, among other things, space available, variety, and/or the appropriateness as it relates to the purpose of the Delaware Pride Parade.
The Delaware Pride Parade Committee has the right to accept or reject any Participant Application and to approve all units including themes, music, signs, costumes and/or other paraphernalia that may be used by a Participant in the Delaware Pride Parade. The Delaware Pride Parade Committee reserves the right to deny a spot in the Delaware Pride Parade to any Participant who is, unwilling to abide by the Rules and Regulations outlined below, sign Hold Harmless Agreement, care for facilities appropriately, respect staff, or respect the public. Participants are expected to represent positive community values consistent with the event theme and purpose.
Upon submission of a completed Participant Application, the Delaware Pride Parade Committee will perform an initial screening based upon the submitted application. You will be notified if the Delaware Pride Parade Committee requires additional information and/or documentation in order to consider your Participant Application. All requested information must be received before a Participant Application will proceed to final review by the Delaware Pride Parade Committee. Once the review process is complete, you will be notified by e-mail (or other preferred method of contact) as to whether your Participant Application has been accepted or denied.
· Each entry must submit an official parade form and sign a Hold Harmless Agreement. All contingents are responsible for any and all acts and / or omissions on their part, or on the part of their agents, marchers, volunteers and / or employees that may result in injury or damage to themselves, their agents, marchers, volunteer and / or employees or to third parties. Contingents specifically agree to indemnify and to hold Delaware Pride and its agents, volunteers, the City of Dover and employees free and harmless and to defend it from any and all claims arising out of such acts or omissions.
· Check-in: All Parade Participants are required to check in PRIOR TO UNLOADING OR SETTING UP. Check in and set up times will be communicated by email within two weeks of the event. (Times will be staggered to allow for optimal convenience.)
· All Parade participants will be responsible for the actions of their employees and/or agents.
· No walkers under the age of 12. They may ride a float/vehicle. We want to keep them safe.
· Insurance & Driver’s License: Each contingent vehicle that enters the parade line up area and / or participates in the parade must have liability insurance and the driver must have a valid driver’s license, proof of which must be submitted when registering for the parade.
· Throwing from Your Contingent: Parade participants may not throw any item into the crowds. This means you may not throw items from your unit, float or auto. Items may be handed out. NOTE: A penalty of $150 for each infraction will be levied. If your entry is pulled from the parade; entry fees will not be refunded or returned.
· Contingent Monitor: ALL contingents are required to supply at least one monitor for every 25 participants to assist Delaware Pride officials while the parade is in progress. Any contingent without a monitor will not be able to participate. Their role is to 1) assist in the safety, specifically keeping the area in front of vehicles clear of pedestrians; 2) assist in the movement and pacing of the parade.
· Signs & Banners: In order to better facilitate parade announcements and TV coverage, a sign or banner providing the name of the organization / business must precede each contingent participating in the parade or the contingent shall have the name prominently displayed on their vehicle. Position number must be attached to your banner or vehicle window or carried by your designated parade liaison, whichever is most visible to announcers and video cameras. Position number should be posted on the upper left of the banner or on the front passenger window for a vehicle.
· Generator pads MUST be placed underneath generator while on the float. Fire extinguisher must be located within 10 ft of generator. Abide by all generator manufacturer rules.
· Delaware Pride reserves the right to prohibit the display of any signs, articles or products that in our sole opinion are not keeping with the nature of the parade and festival. We have the legal right to control the message of our events and exclude individuals expressing a contrasting or contrary message.
· Forward Motion: All contingents are required to maintain a continuous forward motion during the parade. No stopping unless directed by Delaware Pride staff. All performances or maneuvers must be “on the move.” NO GAPS between parade units of more than 30 feet. This includes bands, twirlers, walkers, etc. Bands must perform/play as they walk. Twirlers and dancers will not be allowed to stop and perform.
· Emergency Traffic Lane: Police and Fire Department traffic lanes must be kept open at all times. The law forbids parking vehicles, decorating units, practicing routines and / or forming walking groups in these lanes.
· Parade Entry Participants will comply with all instructions from the Dover Police Department and the Delaware Pride Staff.
· Family Friendly: We are pleased to offer a Pride Parade that is suitable for people of all ages, including families and young children. Please ensure that all music is “radio friendly” and at a comfortable volume level for spectators. Make sure all members of your entry are dressed in a way that reflects our family friendly nature.
· Nudity and Obscenity: Nudity and obscenity are not permitted. Violators may be subject to citation or arrest by the Dover Police Department.
· Solicitation: Contingents are not allowed to solicit money along the parade route.
· Animal Contingents: All animals must be on a leash and attended at all times. Each contingent with animals must provide clean-up for all waste created by the animals. Waste cannot be left on streets. Violators will be immediately removed from the staging, parade or dispersal area and assessed a $150 clean-up fee. Please ensure you have water for all animals and footpads are encouraged for your dogs.
· Vehicle Breakdown: Towing charges for any contingent vehicle that becomes disabled and / or delays the Parade will be at the contingent’s expense.
· Removal of Participants: Delaware Pride reserves the right to remove any contingent and / or person(s) from the pre-parade staging area or parade that, in Pride’s opinion is offensive, a hindrance to the progress of the parade, places other participants in danger or violates any regulation of this application.
· Marching Together and Third Party Reassignment: No contingent is allowed to participate as one or as part of another contingent without advance pre-parade registration and approval from Delaware Pride. Any contingent “crashing” the parade will be removed immediately. Groups desiring to march with other groups must state that in the “Special Requests” field of the application. No parade entry may be reassigned to a third party without express written approval of Delaware Pride.
· Drugs & Alcohol: It is illegal to possess or consume alcohol or drugs while participating on City of Dover streets. Any illegal behaviors and / or violations of the law will not be tolerated in the Delaware Pride Parade staging, route and dispersal area. You will be responsible for any fines, fees, arrests, injury or imprisonment that may occur if you break these or any other laws. In addition, violations will be immediate cause for dismissal from the parade. Please discourage your participants from consuming any alcohol or drugs prior to or during the parade.
· We suggest you bring water to keep hydrated during the parade. All floats must carry fire extinguisher and adhere to city, police, and fire regulations. No live fires. No refueling on the parade route. No alcohol or drugs. No nudity or lewd behavior will be allowed.
· Provide positive interactions with any protestors. Notify police or your nearest Delaware Pride Volunteer should you have a concern.
Parade Line-Up 8:30am – 9:30am. Two weeks prior to the day of the parade, your contingent will be given a line-up number that corresponds to a spot in the staging area. Check-in will take place at the intersection of Reed St. & S. West St. Lineup will be on S. West St. There you can assemble and set up for the parade. If you need to drop off supplies, please do so before 8:00 AM. For safety reasons, only vehicles participating in the parade are allowed in the staging area after 8:00 AM. The staging area is divided into zones (A to S), and check-in times are staggered to minimize congestion and wait times. You must check in at the assigned check-in time.
The Delaware Pride Parade will start at the intersection of S. West St and Lockerman St., it will continue down Lockerman turning right onto Federal St. and ending at Martin Luther King Blvd S. Once Parade participants hit E. Water St they may disperse. Judging will be done at the Federal St. and Martin Luther King Blvd N. intersection.
Floats / Decorated Vehicles
Floats and decorated vehicles must enter the staging area at your contingent’s designated check-in point and time window. If your contingent did not submit required driver and insurance information for each float or vehicle participating in the parade by Saturday, June 1st, be prepared to provide it at check-in. Each float or vehicle participating in the parade must be equipped with a fire extinguisher with a minimum UL rating of 2‐A‐10B: C that is accessible to the operator.
Contingents without floats / decorated vehicles should designate one person to check in and claim your spot in the staging area. All other participants do not need to check in and can arrive at a later time to avoid lengthy wait times.
If you need to make vehicles that were in the parade street legal, please turn left onto E. Water St. off of Federal St. enter the nearest parking lot and break-down your vehicle. Please break down and leave as quickly as possible to make space for the contingents behind you. Parade marchers may continue down to Martin Luther King Blvd S. to the Pride Festival or exit the Parade at E Water Street.
Delaware Pride Raffles
Delaware Pride holds multiple raffles every year at our events. We ask our vendors if they would like to donate anything to the raffles. We would prefer gift certificates or a gift basket. We must have the donation no later then April 31, 2019 so that we can list it in our program. If you have any questions, please contact DP_Vendor@delawarepride.org.
ALL VENDOR Regulations
Application: All applications must include a list of items for sale, and complete and correct contact information. An applicant may not submit an application on behalf of another vendor or submit an application under an assumed name. Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis.
Power/Water: Participants are responsible for all power sources, power cords, cord protection, tables, tents, signage, etc. necessary for the successful operation of their business in the park setting.
All vendors – No loud generators permitted.
Check-in: All vendors are required to check in at PRIDE CENTRAL PRIOR TO UNLOADING OR SETTING UP. Space assignments will be communicated by email within two weeks of the event.
Set-Up: Food vendor check in time starts at 7:00am. All Vendors must be set up by 9:30 am on Saturday. Unload your vehicle first, find a parking spot and then set up. Do not set up with your car blocking the street. Vehicles are not allowed onto Festival grounds.
Booth Staffing: Booths must be staffed from 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Tear Down: Vendors may tear down beginning at 5:00 PM, the day of the event. Vehicles are not allowed onto Festival grounds. Vendors must close for business no later than the closing time of the event, and must vacate within 2 hours of closure of event.
Parking: Parking for Food Vendors will be available on Martin Luther King Blvd North.
No alcohol is permitted at the festival, either in the park or on the street.
Wind Advisory – please keep in mind that tents cannot be staked into the concrete, pavement and/or grassy areas.
Raffles or Drawings: Must be approved by Delaware Pride. Only those approved will be permitted.
Vendor Space Location: Assignment at the sole discretion of the Delaware Pride, Inc.
Only vendors who apply for food or beverage sales may sell or otherwise distribute food, food products, or beverages during the festival. In addition, you must specify what will be sold in order for your application to be approved. Please be advised that there are a limited number of approved applications.
While Delaware Pride celebrates all lifestyles, we must keep in mind that the Delaware Pride Festival is open to the entire communities and all ages. Delaware Pride reserves the right to prohibit the display of any signs, articles, or products that, in our opinion, are not in keeping with the nature or character of the festival.
All Vendors will be responsible for the actions of their employees and/or agents.
Vendors must have and display all applicable permits, including any permits issued by the Board of Health.
Vendors shall remove their own trash, including but not limited to used cooking grease, boxes, charcoal, pallets, cinder blocks, etc. The dumping of grease is not permitted.
Vendors shall not mar or otherwise damage pavement, memorial or any other surfaces in any way.
2019 Hold Harmless Agreement
Exhibitor agrees to protect, save and keep Delaware Pride, Inc., all presenting sponsors and their representatives and agents forever harmless from any claims or charges imposed for violation of any law or ordinance whether occasioned by the negligence of the exhibitor, or those holding under or through the exhibitor, and exhibitor shall indemnify and hold them harmless against any and all loss, costs, damage, liabilities, cause of action, debts, or expenses arising from or by reason of any injury to exhibitors, their employees, agents or guests or property from any cause whatsoever prior, during or subsequent to the period covered by the contract. When acts of God, work stoppages or any other cause not within the control of show management make it impossible for exhibitor or any of their materials to occupy or function in the show premises, the exhibitor shall waive any claim for damages or compensation.
IN ADDITION, EXHIBITOR FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT INSURANCE COVERING THE EXHIBITOR AND THEIR PROPERT AGAINST DAMAGE, PROPERTY AND BUSINESS INTERUPTION LOSSES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EXHIBITOR.
All food vendors are required to obtain and post a current Board of Health Certificate, which must state the June 1, 2019 date.
ALL FOOD VENDORS MUST PROVIDE COPY OF CURRENT LIABILITY INSURANCE TO DELAWARE PRIDE WITH APPLICATION. INSURANCE MUST COVER DELAWARE PRIDE AND THE CITY OF DOVER.
Food vendors who are cooking on site must have a fire extinguisher in their booth.
Food vendors are responsible for cleaning up their booths at the end of the festival.
Food vendors must comply with all Kent County Health Department rules & regulations.
Vendor participant certifies that it maintains adequate liability insurance to cover any and all occurrences which may result in the damage or injury to any person who may be a patron within the confines of the Vendor participant’s booth space.
NOTE: Generators may be used provided they are not loud.
NO electric or water available. You must provide all needed tables, power supply, power cords, potable water, cord protection, etc. that your operation requires.
As a thank you to the Volunteers at these events a Food Voucher will be provided to the staff & volunteers. If you would like to participate in this we ask you provide a drink, main dish and side for an amount up to $7.50.
The vouchers will include the participating vendors and what meals are being provided.
When you receive a voucher, please write the cost of the meal on it. At the end of the event, these will be collected and payment will be made by check as reimbursement.
2019 VENDOR AGREEMENT
Vendor agreement for the 2019 Delaware Pride Festival, Vendor agrees to each and all clauses set forth in this agreement and identified in the Vendor application herein incorporated by reference. Failure by the Vendor to abide by any clauses set forth in this agreement with Delaware Pride, Inc. (hereinafter known as DP) and/or the authorized agents of DP has the right to (1) immediately terminate this agreement (2) require Vendor, immediately upon notice of violation of this agreement, to cease operations and vacate the premises, and (3) forfeit any and all fees paid to DP for the right and privilege of participating as a Vendor of the 2019 Delaware Pride Festival. No clauses of this agreement may be changed without the written, signed permission of DP.
DP agrees to provide each Vendor of the Delaware Pride Festival with an assigned space. In the event the Vendor fails to appear at the Festival and claim their reserved market space by 9:00am, Eastern Time Zone, on Saturday, June 1, 2019. DP reserves the right to assign, and or resell, such space to another prospective Vendor without further notice, nor refund, to the undersigned Vendor. If it appears, or it is necessary, for the undersigned Vendor to arrive later than the time noted above, it is the undersigned’s responsibility to notify and make arrangements with DP.
Vendor agrees to obey all rules and instructions as directed by the Vendor Coordinators during the festival; any failure to strictly adhere to such instructions may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and immediate forfeitures of any and all fees paid to DP.
Vendor hereby acknowledges its liability, and agrees to compensate DP, the City of Dover and the State of Delaware for any damage(s) caused by, including but not limited to, its representatives, agents, employees, volunteers, members, vehicles, equipment, materials, objects to the environs and infrastructure of the festival location.
Out of fairness and consideration of all Festival participants, Vendor acknowledges and agrees to only utilize such space contained within the confines of its booth. Vendor acknowledges and agrees that they are strictly prohibited from "canvassing" or otherwise roaming the Festival Grounds in any effort to promote its booth’s purpose. DP will make every reasonable effort, as allowed by law; to prohibit any unauthorized "canvassing."
As a courtesy to other exhibitors and festival participants, any amplified sound and loud noise from your both is prohibited. Additionally, Vendor acknowledges and agrees that any materials of an adult nature are not allowed to be sold at this event.
Political signs or paraphernalia is to remain in your spot only and is not to be posted around the festival without the direct consent of Delaware Pride, Inc.
Vendor shall not display, offer for view or sell any illegal or contraband items.
DP makes no representation or guarantees towards actual festival attendance.
Vendor understands that DP has no control over weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental intervention, or any other cause that may prevent and alter and or interrupt, the festival, and participants shall hold DP harmless for any losses that could arise because of such event.
DP shall have sole and complete authority to place the participant in any location contained at the Delaware Pride Festival. DP makes no representation, nor does it guarantee any volume of "foot-traffic" of Festival Guests in any area of the Festival.
Vendor upon vacating their space(s) will ensure that such space shall be free of any and all trash or refuse with such being placed in the trash cans provided. Failure of the Vendors to clean their booth site may result in the future denial of Vendor participation & a $50 clean-up fee billed to you.
Any modification of this agreement shall be null and void unless said modification is set forth in writing and signed by the same parties (or their representatives) having signed this agreement made on the below date. This agreement incorporates all agreements and understandings, either oral and or written, between the parties and has not excluded any term contemplated prior to the signatures of the parties. This agreement has been read, understood and entered into freely, voluntarily and absent of duress by the parties signed below.
Did you do the following:
To immediately reserve your vendor space you can pay your vendor application fees online once submitting this application.
Or you can mail in your payment to the address below, make checks payable to Delaware Pride.
Submit a copy of your Insurance with your Delaware Pride Vendor Application electronically (mail if unable).
Submit a copy of the Health Department Form Electronically (mail if unable).
Attention: Vendor Coordinator
PO Box 9834
Newark, DE 19714
Once you submit your application, you will be directed to the payment page. The application is not complete until payment is received. The total fee due is calculated based on the time received, not the date of the application. For the best rate, payment should be sent with the application. For your convenience, you also have the option to print a copy of your completed form for your records.