The Pastoral Associates Program
The Pastoral Associates Program is designed to do two things: (1) establish, train, support and provide the UUSM members with a cadre of grounded, empathetic listeners to help those who are experiencing difficult life transitions navigate their way to clarity; and (2) support pastoral associate caregivers to deepen their own clarity and be of service to others. All Pastoral Associates will learn the elements and theory of compassionate communication, empathetic listening, self differentiation, boundaries, values clarification and ways to support those whose needs, experiences, theologies and assumptions may differ from our own. Pastoral Associates are selected with an aim at bringing together a diversity of identities, experiences, perspectives and styles.
1. Why do you want to be a Pastoral Associate? (200 words max)
2. Briefly describe your spiritual journey and how it might be reflected in your approach with the Pastoral Associates Program (400 words max)
3. In your view, what are the qualities of someone you could turn to when you have a problem? (400 words max)
4. What are some of the things you have turned to in times of transition that have been helpful and clarifying? (400 words max)
5. Describe your theological grounding? (400 words max)
6. What do you most want to learn from this experience? (400 words max)
7. What unique qualities, perspectives ortalents would you bring to the Pastoral Associates Committee? (400 words max)
8. What is your comfort level with people who are experiencing strong emotions (fear, uncertainty, anxiety, anger, depression, etc.)? (400 words max)
9. Describe how you work on a team; what do you look for and what do you bring. (400 words max)
10. Feel free to add anything else you think is important to include in your application. (400 words max)
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform