Rate Your Association!
Where does your community rank? Community associations evolve through stages. Stage One - New and effective communities. Stage Two - Associations with a few problems but functioning ok. Stage Three - Older associations with maintenance and funding issues, but still surviving. Stage Four - Associations which are unable to operate with available funding and approaching obsolescence. Take our quiz to rate your association!
An explanation of your score and all four stages will be sent to your email. Please enter it above.
1. How old is your building?
Over 40 years.
2. What type of association?
Attached Planned Development.
Single Family Homes.
3. Is your project a conversion from rental apartments?
4. Estimate the percentage of rented homes in your association?
26% to 50%.
10% to 25%.
5. How many special assessments for maintenance or repair have been proposed by your board of directors in the past 10 years?
Three or more.
6. What does your association maintain?
Everything except the airspace in a unit.
Just the paint and roofs and the common area outside of each “lot.”
Nothing but the common area outside of each “lot.”
7. Are your maintenance reserves:
100 percent funded?
50 to 99 percent funded?
Less than 50 percent funded?
8. In the last ten years did your association require repairs that were not anticipated in your reserve account?
No, we have been able to maintain the project with our regular assessments.
Yes, but they were minor and didn’t require any new funding.
Yes, they were major and required a special assessment or bank loan or raised our monthly assessments greater than 10%.
Yes, they were major and required a special assessment or bank loan which was not approved by the members.
9. Does your association have pending repairs for leaks or rot damage which it cannot fully fund?
No, everything is watertight and repairs are up to date.
Yes, we are deferring some non-essential repairs.
Yes, we are deferring some essential repairs.
10. Has your association conducted any investigation into damage that may not be visible?
Yes, we add structural and waterproofing investigations when we do a reserve study.
No, we only do the statutory reserve study.
No, even though there has been some structural or leak damage reported.
11. Does your association have a professional manager?
12. Has a professional manager quit or been replaced in the past 5 years?
Yes, but for reasons other than job performance.
Yes, because of poor job performance.
13. Do your board members attend education or training seminars?
Yes, they regularly attend education seminars by trade groups or our management company.
Yes, but not recently.
14. Does your association conduct reserve studies as required by law?
15. Does your board provide members with regular updates on association finances and maintenance projects?
16. How many members attend annual meetings?
More than 50%.
10 to 50%.
Less than 10%.
We don’t hold annual meetings very often.
17. Are members generally satisfied with the physical condition and finances of the association?
We have very few complaints.
We get complaints frequently which we try to deal with.
The board doesn’t hold information meetings for members or doesn’t respond to complaints.
18. Is there at least one willing candidate for each board position at each election?
No, we have to recruit to fill board positions.
No, and we frequently do not have all board positions filled.
19. Do homes in your association sell quickly?
20. Do owners have difficulty getting re-financing due to the value of the home or the condition of the association?
No, loans for sales and re-financing are readily available.
Yes, some lenders will not lend in the project.
Yes, the condition of the project makes it difficult to get loans for sales or re-financing.
21. Are the values of the homes in your association comparable to others in your city or county?
No, property values are down due to the look and condition of the project.
No, property values are higher due to the look and condition of the project.
22. Are you:
A community manager?
On the Board of Directors?
An owner of a home in the association?
Number of Questions Unknown
Raw CID Score
Your CID Score (%)
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform