1. Before you begin the application, look through CFHZ’s extensive list of scholarship opportunities at www.cfhz.org. Many CFHZ scholarships have financial need and GPA requirements, but some do not. Most students are eligible to be considered for multiple awards and are encouraged to apply using this one easy application.
2. Do not begin your application until your senior year first semester (or trimester) grades and updated cumulative grade point average are available. Depending on your school's schedule, you might need to wait until the first week of February to receive this information and then begin your scholarship application.
3. Read the application carefully.
4. Answer all of the questions. Items with a red asterisk must be completed.
5. The data you enter into this form (but not the Student Aid Report upload) will be saved into the local browser storage of the computer you are using. Because your information will be stored, we do not recommend using a shared computer. If you use a shared computer, plan to complete your application in one sitting and then clear the browsing history when you are finished.
6. You will be asked to give the names and email addresses of two individuals for recommendations. CFHZ will contact them via email and provide a link to our online recommendation form. Watch for a confirmation email after each person submits their recommendation. If you do not receive a confirmation email, follow up with the people you have asked directly rather than contacting staff at CFHZ. Certain scholarships spell out from whom a recommendation should come (see below). Recommendations will not be shared with you. Recommendations shall not come from your relatives. Falsification of recommendations will result in your immediate disqualification from consideration for all CFHZ scholarships. Letters of recommendation mailed or emailed to CFHZ will not be accepted. If you have questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendations are due by 5:00 p.m. EST on March 5.
Marnie Assink Art Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from the high school art teacher.
Kate Garrod Post Education Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from an instructor in the candidate's primary area of study.
Cathy Geerlings Indomitable Spirit Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from a recent work or volunteer supervisor.
Holland Friends of Art Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from the high school visual art teacher.
Tracy Houting Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from a high school counselor.
Shelley Speet Mills Creative Arts Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from the high school art teacher.
Benjamin H. Van Andel Promise of Excellence Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from thier primary instructor.
Jack W. and Michael W. Van Dyke Memorial Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from someone at the student’s school or another learning environment such as Careerline Tech Center and a recommendation from someone outside of the applicant’s school experience, who is not related to the applicant.
Margaret Van Vyven Music Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from a teacher in the high school music department.
Patricia Winchester Vanderbilt Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from a high school English teacher.
Mark F. Winia Memorial Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from the candidate's club or school soccer coach.
David Wiersema Memorial Scholarship candidates must have a recommendation from the candidate's varsity golf coach.
7. CFHZ must receive your online application by 5:00 p.m. EST on March 1. This form will be disabled at 5:01 p.m. CFHZ will not make exceptions to our firm deadline. If you need assistance, email email@example.com. Help will be given on a first come, first serve basis until the deadline.
8. Use only this online form to apply. No other electronic or paper applications will be accepted.
9. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Add email@example.com to your list of email contacts so that you will be able to receive confirmation emails.