Rules & Regulations:
1. Open to all playwrights/writers.
2. Only one entry per playwright is permitted.
3. All entries must be original, unproduced plays or musicals. (Plays that have been workshopped or produced in student festivals within an academic context are eligible.)
4. Plays must be submitted in English.
5. First time stage adaptations of other work from another medium are not eligible.
6. The playwright may have received funding to create or workshop this play.
7. All plays must have a performance time of 60 minutes or less. There is no page limit but the play must fit within The Fringe’s 60-minute running time policy. (Please note: on average one page takes 1.5 minutes to read aloud. A standard 60 minute play will be between 35 and 45 pages)
8. Scripts must be type written and uploaded in this form as pdf files. The file name must be the title of the play. Please include a title page without the playwright’s name.
9. Playwrights who enter The Fringe New Play Contest may also enter The Fringe Festival. If the winning playwright of the contest has been accepted into The Fringe Festival, his/her application will be removed and the application fee will be refunded.
10. The winner must use their Fringe slot to produce the play that was submitted to the contest.
11. The contest fee ($35) can be paid online by paypal (links below) OR submitted by cheque in the mail. Payment of the fee is due within 5 days after the online submission of this form. Please mark the outside of the envelope clearly with "New Play Contest"
13. Any current members of the corporation of the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company (aka The Hamilton Fringe Festival) are not eligible to participate in this contest.