READ BEFORE CONTINUING
In order to apply for BEI in the ECA, a candidate must complete the following:
1. Application for BEI accessible below: Along with a required signature acknowledging the applicant’s agreement with the ECA’s Tenets of Faith, Ministerial Ethics, Disciplinary Procedure, and alcohol and immoral practices policy.
2. A non-refundable application fee of $25 (All fees must be paid in U.S. funds.) NOTE: You may submit your application before paying the Application Fee. You will be able to pay the application fee from a link on the "Thank You" page. If we do not receive the Application Fee within 10 business days, your application will not be reviewed or processed.
3. *Testimony of Conversion*: An explanation of how you received Christ as your Lord and Savior. The purpose of this document is to inform us of the moment when you realized that you were a sinner in need of a savior and responded by confessing your sins, accepting Jesus atonement and committing your life to Him, as Jesus indicated to Nicodemus (John 3). (SEPARATE PAGE, NO LESS THAN 250 WORDS AND NOT TO EXCEED ONE PAGE IN LENGTH)
4. *Details of your ministry calling*: An explanation of how you felt called to ministry. (SEPARATE PAGE, NO LESS THAN 250 WORDS AND NOT TO EXCEED ONE PAGE IN LENGTH)
5. *Statement of Doctrine*: In composing your Statement of Doctrine, we want you to know that the ECA is assessing your doctrinal understanding of the Trinity, salvation, baptism and the inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God from a perspective of biblical, evangelical, and conservative belief. Therefore, you should know that referencing or quoting source material without citing the source amounts to plagiarism. Plagiarism is a serious offense in academia, but even more so for a minister of the Gospel. To use someone’s material without crediting the source is tantamount to theft, which contradicts God’s command, “Thou shalt not steal” (Exodus 20:15 KJV). If using sources, do so very sparingly as the ECA wants to know in your words that which best represents what you believe.
a. The Trinity,(What are the distinct responsibilities of each member?)
b. Salvation, (How does salvation take place, and what must a person do to be saved?)
c. Baptism (What role does baptism play in our salvation, and what formula would you use in baptism?)
d. The Inspiration and Inerrancy of the Word of God, (Describe the verbal, plenary inspiration and why inerrancy is so important to the church.)
e. Please supply some of the important scripture references you hold to each point in your Statement of Doctrine. You only need to cite a reference and not necessarily quote it.
NOTE: (A warning regarding plagiarism and a link for a sample of a Statement of Doctrine is available here.)
6. If applicable a *Resume* of your ministry career, training, activities, and biblical education. Per the ECA website. This document must include tenure, responsibilities, supervisors, and names of churches and organizations. We are looking to assess two years of cumulative ministry experience (4,160 hours) required for licensure, and four years of cumulative ministry experience (8,320 hours) required for ordination. (A sample resume is available here.)
7. If applicable, Official Educational Transcripts of Biblical Studies: (These must be sent to us directly from the institution.) Sealed student transcripts will not be accepted. Evangelical Church Alliance Revised 02/16/2016. (If the school provides transcripts electronically, have them sent to email@example.com.)
8. *A passport-quality, color photo*
*All Support documents must be attached to the application. Documents can be attached at the end of the application unless otherwise noted.