* All applications must be entered no later than Friday, May 31st, 2019.
* No application fee is required for entry.
* All entrants must abide by general convention rules.
* All contestants MUST check-in.
* A valid festival ticket will be required at check-in.
* Content should not go beyond PG-13, as the con is family-friendly: Offensive language of any kind is not allowed—no racial or sexual epithets; no profanity, etc. No excessive violence. No sexual activity or contact—real or implied.
* "Dabbing", drug references, etc are not allowed.
* All performances must be self contained, including no fire, flame, smoke, fog, dry ice, wind machines, lasers, pressurized gases or liquids, messy substances—wet, dry, or oily, including glitter, flower petals, etc in the green room or on stage.
* No jumping on or off stage—please use the officially designated stage entrances and exits.
* No Stage fighting (one foot must remain on the stage at all times and any mock fighting must be done at a distance and at half speed - no physical contact)
* Contestants may not use stage time to make political, religious, insulting, or other demonstrations not related to their entry.
* Sportsmanship is SUPER important. Any bullying will not be tolerated and will be disqualified and/or escorted from the
* Must be 15 years old or older to enter.
* Each contestant will be given up to 5 min on stage. Once the time is up, the judges will provide feedback on the performance. After all contestants have finished, the judges will deliberate for up to 15 minutes. Then all contestants will be invited back onto the stage for final results. Contestants will be judged on Talent, Preparation, Stage Presentation, Creativity, and an added bonus of "Star Power". Star Power points will be granted to contestants who can really engage the crowd and get the crowd to cheer / go insane!
- 6x Tickets to a DreamHack 2019 event of your choosing (travel not included)
- 4x Tickets to a DreamHack 2019 event of your choosing (travel not included)
- 2x Tickets to a DreamHack 2019 event of your choosing (travel not included).
- 2x Tickets to a DreamHack 2019 event of your choosing (travel not included)
*More prizes to be announced
Each Applicant represents and warrants that:
* Applicant has the authority to apply for the Competition and the person entering the application on Applicant's behalf is authorized to do so.
* Applicant's application for and receipt of the Competition will not violate any agreement or understanding by which Applicant is bound, including any confidentiality, employment, consulting, intellectual property assignment, or license agreement.
* Entry and publication of Applicant's will not infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
By applying for the Competition, each Applicant assumes responsibility for and will indemnify, release, and hold harmless DreamHack, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with: (a) any breach of Applicant's representations or warranties contained herein; and (b) Applicant's violation of the Rules and any guidelines, policies and terms prescribed by DreamHack.
Except where prohibited, Applicant consents to DreamHack’s use of Applicant's name, likeness, and similar characteristics for the purpose of streaming, advertising, selling, or otherwise promoting the Competition, the Expo, and the Event. Applicant agrees that there will be no financial or other monetary compensation for such use.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Applicant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of applications; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Applicant"s participation in the Competition. If for any reason an Applicant"s application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Applicant's sole remedy is another application in the Competition.
All preliminary application information that is entered is confidential and will be only viewed by DreamHack staff.
reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Competition for any causes beyond the control of DreamHack that affect the effective administration, proper conduct, or integrity of the Competition. If this event should occur, DreamHack will post notice on the DreamExpo page.