Summer Accelerator 2019 Application
· Deadline: April 7, 2019
· Interview/Pitch Round: April-May 2019
· Notification of Acceptance: Late May 2019
The 2019 Summer Accelerator begins July 8 and ends September 12.
· Work on your startup full-time in our co-working space from 7/8 – 9/12
· Attend all of our evening events (usually on Mon/Tues/Wed) – Weekly Fireside Chats, Skill Workshops, and the like
· Participate in our Silicon Valley and Silicon Beach trips (Dates TBD. Usually late August.)
· Participate in Demo Day at UCLA on 9/12
· Stay involved with Startup UCLA and its alumni network after the accelerator
· The team is at least 50% currently enrolled UCLA students (undergraduate or graduate) or recent UCLA alumni (graduated within the last 5 years).
· The startup is at the product stage. You have either developed the prototype, beta, or launched. Startups that have not yet reached at least the prototype stage will not be considered.
· Work full-time on your startup in our co-working space for the duration of the program, from 7/8 - 9/12
· Be passionate about your startup and entrepreneurship
· Willingness to go above and beyond to do great work
· Superior communication and analytical skills
· Self-starter/s with a strong desire to succeed and to grow personally and professionally
· Thrive on receiving feedback and works well with others
· Commit to the highest ethical standards. Uphold the True Bruin values.
Perks & Benefits
· $5,000 stipend per team
· Co-working space alongside the other accepted teams
· Meet and hear from top entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts. Past classes have met entrepreneurs Natasha Case of Coolhaus and Brian Lee of The Honest Company; investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mithril, and Amplify; industry experts in data science, social media advertising, company operations, and fundraising
· $5,000 in Amazon Web Services credits
· $20,000 in Google Cloud Platform credits
· Complimentary legal guidance from a premiere law firm
· Trips to Silicon Valley and Silicon Beach
· Meals provided 2-3x/week during evening events
All applicants must have met or meet with Deanna Evans, Keith Gibson, or Robert Jadon between September 1st, 2018 and April 6th, 2019. Schedule a meeting here.
Please do not disclose to Startup UCLA any material that you believe is confidential or proprietary, or for which you expect to receive consideration or compensation in any form. By submitting material to Startup UCLA, you acknowledge that such material is neither confidential nor proprietary, and you waive the right to receive compensation of any kind for the material.
If you have any questions about the application or any of the above, please contact us at email@example.com.