The Vorhees Vision Scholarship was created to reward the achievements of young individuals who demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit in their lives as they pursue their educational goals. This scholarship is named in honor of the late Terry L. Vorhees, founder and first Executive Director of the Southeast Produce Council. Because of his vision and efforts, the Southeast Produce Council became and remains one of the best resources in the produce industry today.
Qualified applicants are required to have a parent or grandparent that is a corporate member of the SEPC and is in good standing. Good standing status includes members that have been on the SEPC membership roster for at least 12 months and has attended at least one SEPC event (Southern Exposure and/or Southern Innovations) in the last 12 months. Qualified applicants must also be enrolled with at least twelve credit hours. Before completing this form make sure you have the following:
1. College or high school transcripts
2. SEPC Member Name & Membership Number
3. College/University Student ID Number, current major & GPA (minimum of 3.0)
4. College/University Address where the scholarship funds should be sent
5. SAT and/or ACT scores
6. Enrollment verification from College/University
7. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
8. Community Involvement description (10 hours of Community Service completed within the last 12 months)
9. A minimum of 1000 words essay describing the most meaningful acheivement in life and the results it brought.
This form must be completed at time of submission; it cannot be saved and returned to later. Questions should be directed to the SEPC office at (877)720-SEPC or email firstname.lastname@example.org.