Date of First Workshop:
Tuesday 5 February 2019 (17:30–19:30)
Chalkwell Hall (in Chalkwell Park)
Chalkwell Avenue, Southend SS0 8NB.
Metal are creating a Youth Forum that will explore and implement festival planning.
This will be primarily focused around Village Green 2019.
We are looking for representatives from the surrounding area to:
- be a part of the festival process
- work in various festival roles
- contribute to the promotion of the Festival via digital/social platforms
- contribute ideas regarding the festival, its development and design
- form a production team
At Village Green 2019 you will have the opportunity to work as part of a production team for the Youth Stage (Oak Stage) which will be designed and developed by the Youth Forum via workshops and will be managed and run by the Youth Forum at the festival itself.
The Youth Forum will run as a series of workshops to inspire and motivate and to provide knowledge and experience of what goes into producing a festival.
The areas covered through the workshops will include:
- The various job roles involved with producing a stage at a festival
- Allocation to job roles
- Development of sub-teams to produce outcomes for the production of the Youth Stage (Oak Stage)
- Technical specifications and requirements (staging, lighting, audio etc)
- Responding to artists requirements (backline)
- Props and decor in line with branding
Development of Content/Programming
- Selection of content appropriate to the style of stage and the festival itself
- Allocation of scheduled slots to performers (live Music, spoken word, comedy etc)
- Design & branding
- Methods of marketing
- Content and copy for press
- Types of funding available for young people, festivals and events
- Methods of securing funding
- Applications for funding & sponsorship
- Working together with other like minded young people
- Support network of peers
- Input from professionals
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Inspiration for new ideas
- Opportunity for experience (production and performance)
Criteria for Application:-
This opportunity is aimed at young people who are:
- aged between 12-18 years
- studying in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea (and surrounding area)
How to Apply:
- Complete the simple application form (below)
- The form asks you to detail why you would like to take part/volunteer for the Youth Forum
- Signed permission from a parent/guardian will be required from those under the age of 16.
Deadline for submission:
- Application Deadline: Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Confirmation of Successful Application: by Tuesday 29 January 2019
Other Key Dates:
- Further dates for monthly workshops will be provided at the first meeting on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
For more information: