NPEC Post Test #4: Physiology of Death and Energy Concepts
Date Picker Icon
1. Circle all that apply - to be able to guide a family well during imminent dying, an end-of-life doula must have experience with how the body of a dying person____________________________________.
may behave when there is trouble
can appear in various disease processes
2. In each step or stage of the Transition Phase, the End of Life Doula should know what is happening and be able to offer __________ __________ for comfort.
3. If there is no intervention required for the stage the patient is in, the End of Life Doula should let the family know that what they are seeing is a _________ part of the __________process and not to be afraid. Choose all that apply.
Regular, End of Life
4. The most common sign that someone is entering the Transition Phase is their loss of desire to ________ or their ability to ___________.
5. After a patient stops eating or drinking completely, they will usually go into unresponsiveness within hours to days. It may take up to 3 weeks for death to occur.
both of these statements are true.
the first statement is true; the second is false.
the first statement is false; the second is true.
To sign below,left clicking your mouse and moving it to "sign".
Should be Empty: