Please read the Terms and Conditions below and sign at the bottom of the page.
WARNING: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
A contract between the event organisers, Monash Health Foundation and the intending volunteer/s ("Volunteer/You") will be deemed to have commenced on acceptance in writing by Monash Health Foundation of the Volunteer's application. In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of volunteering at the Kids Fun Run with Thomas the Volunteer acknowledges that:
Terms & Conditions
Persons volunteering for 2018 Kids Fun Run with Thomas are required to agree to the following:
1. I certify that I am 18 years or older.
2. I am physically fit and not suffering from a condition that would prevent and/or render me unfit to volunteer in the Event.
3. I further attest and verify that I do not have any illness or impairment that may make my volunteering unsafe for others.
4. During the Event, I agree to abide by all rules, instructions and directions imposed by the Event organisers
5. If, during the conduct of the Event, an Event staff member directs my withdrawal I undertake to comply with this direction. In these circumstances I will voluntarily remove myself from the Event. I agree to indemnify Monash Health Foundation for any loss resulting from my failure to comply with this condition.
6. I consent to the conduct of identity verification checks, background security checks and any other security checks (which may include my personal property) prior to my entry into and departure from and Event sites if required.
7. I voluntarily assume all risks associated with my volunteering in the Event or any activity associated with it and will take all measures to protect myself from the risks of volunteering
8. To the extent permitted by law, I undertake and represent that I will not make any claims against the Sponsor and release the Sponsor (and their directors, officers, employees, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, contractors, subcontractors (and their respective employees) or agents) (individually and collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, causes of action, suits or proceedings, including claims for costs or expenses of any nature for any loss, injury, damage of any description whatsoever (including indirect or consequential damage) (“Claim”) suffered in connection with my volunteering at the Event, howsoever caused, and I indemnify the Released Parties from and against all Claims (including negligence) whatsoever and howsoever caused arising as a result of or in connection with my volunteering in the Event.
9. I am solely responsible for the security of all property and personal possessions I bring to the Event and understand and acknowledge that the Released Parties do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to this property.
10. I understand that the Sponsor reserves the right to alter the format of the Event if reasonably deemed necessary by the Sponsor, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, conditions or natural or man-made emergencies make managing the Event unreasonably difficult or unsafe.
11. I allow use of my name and image, both before and after the Event in perpetuity, without payment of remuneration or compensation, for the purpose of promoting the Event and Venue, and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by and/or events conducted and/or hosted by the Released Parties, and for the purpose of allowing any person accessing any media to purchase or download for free any images created.
12. I understand that Monash Health Foundation reserves the right to refuse a Volunteer's application to volunteer at the Event or to withdraw them from volunteering any reason whatsoever.
13. The personal information of participants will be managed in accordance by the Sponsor in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles (as amended from time to time) in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
14. I understand that by supplying my e-mail address I consent to receiving regular e newsletter updates from in order to stay informed about the Event.
15. Cancellation/Withdrawal Policy – If I withdraw, I agree to contact Monash Health Foundation on 03 9594 2700 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify them of the changes
16. I understand that by supplying Monash Health Foundation with my email address I wish to receive updates from Monash Health Foundation regarding the event and I may be contacted in the future by Monash Health Foundation regarding events.
17. I, being the volunteer warrant that I have carefully read, considered, reviewed and understood these terms and conditions prior to submitting my application to volunteer at this Event, and agree with these terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions:
(a) Event means the ‘Kids Fun Run with Thomas’
(b) Sponsor means Monash Health, Monash Health Foundation and the Rotary Club of Emerald.