MISSION: NPL is a member-based organization to enhance the developmental experience of the youth soccer players in our region through:
· Improving the competitive environment through creation of a quality competitive leagues with multiple flights;
· Improving the process for identifying talented soccer players for US Club’s ID2/ODP and collegiate programs through a systematic scouting and identification program based on league competitions; and,
· Improving the daily training environment for member clubs through developing best practices and training and organizational guidelines for its member clubs.
GOAL: The goal of the NPL is to change the landscape for soccer players in the surrounding region through innovative, player-centered programming and to enhance the overall experience by creating a better, more enjoyable, and more successful player, coach, and club development model.
IMPLEMENTATION: The NPL Red River is led by Technical Directors of the member clubs. Day-to-day operations are managed by the League Commissioner.
The NPL has four primary platforms:
· The Competition Platform
· The Player Identification Platform
· The Club, Coach and Referee Development Platform
· The Players First Platform (Player Health and Safety as part of US Club)
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: NPL is a club-based platform where members must meet certain standards. Interested clubs wishing to become a member are REQUIRED to apply. Clubs are selected by the NPL Technical Leadership Board using the following criteria:
1) NPL must be the primary competitive platform for the teams competing in the league
2) Quality and availability of facilities
3) Size of club, quality of Competitive teams and Juniors/Academy programs
4) Quality of leadership and coaching staff
5) Administrative capabilities
6) Club structure, vision and development philosophy
7) Geographic consideration
8) Impact to existing NPL Members
Minimum requirements for clubs to participate in the NPL Red River:
1) Must have a dedicated NPL Administrator
2) For Club Conference, must have a team in each age division (U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, U19).
3) Must have access to a minimum of 3 quality full-sized fields to host games
4) Must have a dedicated Referee Assignor
5) All league games must be played as scheduled as their primary league platform (8-14 league matches are expected) Minimum roster requirements expected.
6) Teams that qualify for the NPL Red River Final Four Playoffs (held in May) and National NPL Finals (held in July) are required to attend
7) Meet Game Day Standards when hosting which include team benches, athletic trainers, etc.
Please complete this initial application in it's entirety. NPL will contact the club representative to schedule an interview to begin the review process. Application is NO guarantee of acceptance.
2019-20 APPLICATION PERIOD: Club applications for the 2019-20 seasonal year will be accepted through March 1, 2019. Notification of acceptance and timeline will be communicated to clubs that apply.