Girl Talk is excited to announce a scholarship opportunity in conjunction with our partner, Natural Life. This scholarship embodies the spirit of both organizations and our desire to inspire girls to help make the world a better place. The Give, Love, Laugh Scholarship has been created to encourage Girl Talk Leaders to live a passionate and fulfilling life by creating positive change around them. By making a meaningful impact in a community, each individual has the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy.
Natural Life and Girl Talk will award one (1) applicant a $2,500 cash scholarship to aid with her college career.
How to Apply:
Fill out the application below and let us know about your community service project!
How to Plan Your Community Service Project:
1. Set a S.M.A.R.T. goal for yourself that will address a need in your community. You can find the S.M.A.R.T. goal worksheet to use as a guide on Leader Login under Leader Resources/Additional Resources.
2. Create a community service project plan that will help you achieve your goal.
3. Implement your plan by no later than March 14, 2019.
4. Apply and share with us the results of your project by no later than March 15, 2019.
- Applicant must be a Girl Talk Leader who is a high school junior or senior.
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better (based on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent while in high school.
- Applicant must plan to attend an accredited two or four year college or university as a full-time student beginning in the summer or fall immediately following high school graduation.
- Applicant must complete a considerable number of community service hours for this project. Those hours do include the preparation and completion of the project.
- Applicant must create and execute a service project in their community. Volunteers are allowed to help in the process of completing the project, but the high school girl must be the lead planner and executor.
- Applicant must have the community service project completed by the submission deadline.
Application Cycle Begins: November 23, 2018
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Winners Notified By: April 15, 2019