A “Special Event” is defined as an event, festival or other activity held to engage the community, promote tourism or provide economic, social or wellness benefits to the community. A Special Event Permit Application is required for any event which is held on Town Property, or any event to be held on public right of ways. Special events may include runs, carnivals, festivals, concerts etc.
The Town of Holly Springs (TOHS) uses the following criteria when evaluating, scheduling and approving Special Events:
- The nature of the event and how it can serve the Town of Holly Springs and its residents
- The dates, times and available locations during which the proposed event will occur
- Whether the activities are in compliance with other applicable laws and Town ordinances and fits within the mission of the department
- Whether the event is to benefit non-profit community organizations
- The general health, safety and welfare of the participants in/or attending the event
- The impact and or cost of the event on the involved town departments
- The frequency of the event or similar event(s)
Submitting the Application
The review and approval of a Special Event Permit Application is coordinated through the Parks & Recreation Department.
Hitting the submit button at the end of the application automatically sends your application to the Event Committee. If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Miller at email@example.com or 919-567-4016.
Please allow time for our staff to review and consider the application. The applicant can expect an initial response within 5-10 business days. The Event Committee meets the second Tuesday of every month. The Committee must approve the event before a permit can be issued.
Upon review of the application, a Town employee will contact the applicant to set up a pre-event meeting to further discuss the details of your special event.
Special Event Permit Process
- Browse our facility offerings and pick out a location(s) to best serve the group’s needs. Applicants are encouraged to choose an alternative location in the event the first choice is not available. Please visit www.hollyspringsnc.gov/parks for information about facilities and parks.
- Please be sure to complete all sections of this application. All proposed activities and events are subject to the approval of the Town of Holly Springs. The application submittal will not be considered if the application is incomplete
- Submit the application via e-mail, mail or in person. Submittal of an application does not grant permit or confirmation to conduct the planned event – all applications are subject to review. Applications that require road closures need to be submitted 180 days prior to event date, and applications that do not require road closures need to be submitted 120 days prior to event day.
- Upon receiving a completed application, Parks & Recreation will notify applicants about the status of the application. Applicants will be informed of any additional information or documentation requirements. At this time, applicants may be asked to schedule a pre-event meeting with a town employee. If a pre-event meeting is deemed necessary a Special Event Permit will not be confirmed without one.
- The pre-event meeting will consist of a review of our rules and regulations, a review of the permit application, and an opportunity to discuss logistics, expectations and questions about the facility and its use.
- If the application is approved and all documentation has been received, an invoice for associated fees will be issued. All event fees must be paid at the time of booking. Applicants are required to inform Parks & Recreation in writing of any and all amendments to the original application at least 14 days prior to the event. Once all requirements have been met and fees have been paid, a Special Event Permit will be issued.
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 14 days of reservation.
Town staff reserves the right to partner with an organization for events it deems beneficial to either the department, or the Town as a whole.