Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 104 Police Academy Scholarship
General Information and Instructions
Goal: To recognize and financially assist residents of Michigan, particularly those living in the Holland/Zeeland area, who are accepted and enrolling in any state certified police academy in Michigan.
Background: Founded in 2018, the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 104 Police Academy Scholarship Fund honors Lodge 104 members and law enforcement officers who have dedicated their lives to helping others and ensuring safety. The fund encourages a pipeline of local police talent.
Scholarship Award: The fund will award the selected recipient(s) a one-time scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria, in order to be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be:
1. A resident of the State of Michigan.
2. Accepted and enrolling in any state certified police academy in Michigan
Selection Criteria, recipients of this scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Academic performance in undergraduate studies
2. Passion for law enforcement as evidenced in essay and activities
3. Character as shown in recommendations
4. Top priority will be given to the children or grandchildren of present or past Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 104 members. Favored next in the selection process will be the children or grandchildren of active duty or retired police officers followed by applicants who reside in the Community Foundation's primary service area.
1. Read this application carefully.
2. Items followed by a red asterisk must be completed in order to submit your application.
3. The data you enter into this form will be saved into the local browser storage of the computer you are using. Because your information will be stored, we do not recommend using a shared computer. If you use a shared computer, plan to complete your application in one sitting and then clear the browsing history when you are finished. If you start this application during one sitting and then finish it at a later time, verify all of your answers and make sure the uploads are attached before submitting.
4. There are two application deadlines in 2021: 5:00 p.m. EST on April 1 and 5:00 p.m. EST on August 1. Paper applications will not be accepted.
5. Individuals providing letters of recommendation must e-mail them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the application deadline. If you want to make sure letters were submitted on your behalf, please follow up with the people you asked directly. Recommendations shall not come from your relatives.
6. An official copy of your most recent academic transcript must be emailed to email@example.com on or before the application deadline.
7. The Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area administers the annual scholarship process. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions as you complete your application.