2019 Karen and Larry Mulder Scholarship
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS - Round 1
The Karen and Larry Mulder Scholarship Fund was established in early 2009 coinciding with Larry Mulder’s retirement from ODL, Inc. (a Mulder family business) after 45 years of service. Karen and Larry wanted to assist in providing educational opportunities for the children of ODL’s employees. The awards are intended to assist children of eligible employees of ODL, Inc. who are well-qualified students who will be pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree.
The Karen and Larry Mulder Scholarship Fund is administered by the Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area. All applications are reviewed and selected by their appointed scholarship committee.
The scholarship awards may be used toward tuition, books, required expenses and fees. The scholarship awards may not be used for housing. The number of scholarships awarded each year is based on funding availability. Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of up to $7,000 per year and are renewable for up to four years while working towards an under-graduate degree and maintaining a 2.5 GPA.
1. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen accepted to an accredited college/university in the U.S.
2. Award recipients must be under the age of 25 and meet the criteria to qualify for dependent benefits through an ODL eligible employee.
3. An ODL eligible employee is an individual who is currently employed by ODL at a U.S. facility and has held a regular job with the company for one year, or more, and completed 1,500 hours in the previous 12 months.
4. Scholarships are limited to students pursuing an undergraduate degree.
5. Applicants, who are high school seniors with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or applicants who are current college students with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 are encouraged to apply for scholarship funding.
Round 1 applications must be submitted online no later than January 15. No other electronic or paper submissions will be accepted. Round 2 candidates will be contacted via e-mail. Add email@example.com to your list of e-mail contacts to ensure that this notice lands in your Inbox. Round 2 applications will be due no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on March 1 and must be submitted online. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stacy at 616.994.8852 with questions.
The selection committee will award scholarships based on the following criteria:
1. Financial need
2. Status as a first generation college student
3. Overall application
4. Written recommendations
6. Recent high school graduate