Parent/Guardian Terms and Conditions
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document and its terms and conditions. I have read and understood it, and agree to be bound by it's terms.
In consideration of the services of TXCOG Youth Camp & Texas Church of God Executive Office, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter referred to as TXCOG) I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge TXCOG, on behalf of my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that outdoor adventure based activities such as ropes or challenge course activities, painitball, swimming, and all other physical activities entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myslef, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simplcannot be eliminated without jeppardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: This program is based on the "challenge by choice" principle. At any time you and/or your group are free to withdraw from participation in ropes/challenge course activities, paintball, swimming, and all other physical activities and it's potential for: slips and falls and falling; rope burns; accidental drowing, pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruising, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or stings, allergies, and associated diseases.
Furthermore TXCOG employees & volunteers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safte, but are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or insturctions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree to assume all of the risks existing in previously stated activities. My participation is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate fully aware of the risks.
3. I herby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold armless the TXCOG form any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in previously stated activities or my use of TXCOG's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of TXCOG.
4. Should TXCOG or any one acting on their behalf, be required to incur any legal fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have insurance to cover any injury or damgaeI may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I futher certify that I assume the risk of any medical or physical conditions I may have.
6. In the event that I or my representative files a lawsuit against TXCOG, I agree to do so solely in the state of Texas, and I further agree that if any protion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain i n full force and effect.
By signing this document , I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against TXCOG on the basis of any claim from which I have released from herin. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document . I ahve read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by it's terms.
I hereby give my child permission to attend and participate in Texas Church of God Youth Camp. I hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all claims, demands, and causes of action against Camp officials, the Church of God in Texas, and the International Offices of the Church of God, their agents, employees, and participants arisiing from any damages, property loss, or injury my child sustains at Texas Church of God Youth Camp. I further consent to allow Camp Officials to seek and obtain emergency medical or surgical treatment for my child should my child need medical treatment. i further grant permission for my child to appear in Camp Videos and any promotional videos or photography. I fully understand that my family's insurance is the primary carrier for all accidents incurred at camp and the camp's insurance is the secondary carrier.