Wrap Up Quiz
1. What of the following are your responsibilities as a JA BizTown Volunteer? Select all that apply:
Telling students what tasks to do.
Coaching students and encouraging them to do their job.
Leading staff meetings.
Completing tasks for students that they haven't finished.
Assisting students when they are struggling with an area and helping them understand their job requirements.
2. What are the goals for students while they are at JA BizTown? Select all that apply:
As a business paying off their bank loan through creating sufficient revenue from the goods or services they sell.
Managing their personal checking account and successfully tracking their spending.
Buying as many things as possible.
Learning more about the things they enjoy doing as port of a job.
3. The retail business you are working with is running low on supplies to sell. What should you do?
Ask open ended questions to get them to think about the amount of items they have for sale.
Tell students they need to go and purchase more supplies.
Let them run out of supplies and see how customers react.
It's not your job as a volunteer, so you don't get involved.
4. You're helping the students complete their deposit ticket. How much cash can they take out when they go to the bank?
As much as they want.
They can take $2 in cash out for each check they deposit.
Up to $2 in cash.
They don't need cash in JA BizTown.
5. You are working with students in a retail business. No one has bough anything yet, so the sales managers suggest that they have a sale. What should you do?
Nothing. It's their business, so they can make whatever decision they want.
Ask them why they think a sale will be helpful, and encourage them to consult their CEO to discuss why the prices were set at current amount.
Tell them they can't do that. They're not allowed to change their prices during the day.
Congratulate them on recognizing a problem and trying to solve it, then help them adjust to their new prices.
6. When will your CEO need to have their opening speech prepared by?
The beginning of Business Start Up.
The second staff meeting.
The end of Business Start Up.
They completed their speech at school and will bring it with them to JA BizTown.
7. What items come with students from school as part of BizPrep? Select all that apply:
Business Cost sheet
8. The students will already have an item completed in their checkbooks when they arrive at JA BizTown, along the with matching register entries. What are they? Select all that apply:
Their first deposit ticket completed with their net pay and requesting $2 in cash back.
The first deposit ticket with $0 in cash back.
Their second deposit ticket with $2 in cash back.
A check to open their savings account for $1.50.
A check to open their savings account for $2.
9. Each student will go on two breaks during the day. How do you determine which break color each student will go on?
The students get to pick whichever break color they want.
The teachers will assign break colors before coming to JA BizTown.
You, as the volunteer, choose which break color each student is assigned.
The student's break color is based on their job title.
10. Sometimes you may need a JA staff member to help you answer a student's question.. How can you get a staff member's attention?
Look around town until you find someone.
Flip over the question mark hanging in your shop window.
Go to the main reception desk and ask to speak to a staff member.
Find a teacher, they can help you locate a staff member.
Should be Empty: