Responsibilities of the foster parent
1. The foster parent agrees to provide shelter, food and companionship to the foster pet placed in their home. The foster will not keep the foster pet outside or in unsafe conditions and will keep the pet leashed or contained at all times.
2. Should the foster pet get lost or escape, the foster parent agrees to immediately contact the rescue service via firstname.lastname@example.org and assist in the recovery of the foster pet, including but not limited to searching for the pet on the ground, posting on Nextdoor/Facebook/Craigslist, putting up posters in the area the pet was lost, handing out fliers to neighbors, etc.
3. The foster parent agrees to relay any health concerns to the rescue service immediately upon noticing them via email@example.com. All veterinary care MUST BE PRE-APPROVED by the rescue service. The rescue service will NOT reimburse veterinary care that was not pre-approved.
Should veterinary care be necessary, the rescue service will take the foster pet to the vet of their choice. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, other arrangements can be made, but the rescue service still has to be contacted to determine a course of action and to approve veterinary care.
4. Once there is an approved for your foster pet, you will be given their contact information to set up the initial meet and greet. The purpose of this initial meet and greet is solely for the determination if the potential adopter wishes to continue in the adoption process upon meeting the pet in person. The rescue service will handle all of the other steps in the adoption process.
Potential adopters must come to you or a location convenient for you for the initial meet and greet. You are not required to or asked to travel anywhere. They must come to you.
5. We ask that you provide pictures of your foster pet that can be used to promote their adoption. Sharing your foster pet on your own social media accounts greatly increases their chances of getting adopted quickly so it is appreciated if you are willing to post their profiles and pictures.