To receive program benefits, I, the member, agree to pay $2.30 per week, $4.60 biweekly, $4.99 semimonthly or $9.98 per month. The membership will automatically terminate if I fail to make a membership payment within 31 days of its due date. One membership covers all active rental agreements. I, the member, can terminate the optional Okinus Care Plus membership at any time by requesting orally or in writing a cancellation of my membership. The Okinus Care Plus program varies by state. Accordingly, if I move outside the state where I enrolled in Okinus Care Plus my membership may also terminate. A complete listing of benefits is contained in this membership agreement. Administrator reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion, to add, substitute or discontinue program benefits as it may determine is in the best interests of the program's membership.
Not all members are eligible for all benefits. Okinus Care Plus membership is optional to you and purchasing or not purchasing the membership program does not affect your rights, obligations, or cost for the rental or purchase of goods under the rental-purchase agreement.
Involuntary Unemployment Payment Waiver*
Members are eligible for the waiver in the event they have lost their full-time employment as a result of: fired (except as set out in the exclusions), involuntarily laid off or suspended or out of work due to a company strike, labor dispute or if their place of employment closes. In the event of a covered incident their monthly rental payments will be waived plus any applicable sales tax and other covered fees, up to the limits specified below.
• The member's account is eligible for up to a maximum of $300 in payment waiver per agreement per month, for up to 4 months, for a maximum of $1,000 on all rental agreements combined, until they return to work, or whichever occurs first, per unemployment occurrence.
• The Involuntary Unemployment Payment Waiver applies to the customer(s) who are listed on and have signed the rental agreement(s).
• Must be a member in good standing at the time of unemployment.
• Members may be eligible for payment waiver(s) if they were employed at least 30 hours per week for 6 consecutive months prior to becoming involuntarily unemployed.
• Members must have been unemployed for a minimum of 30 days to become eligible for a payment waiver.
• In the event that both persons named on the rental agreement become unemployed, only one payment waiver shall be applied.
• Upon approval, the payment waiver request will be applied to the rental account(s) retroactively to the first day of verified unemployment.
• Approved payment waiver(s) will continue to be applied to the rental agreement(s) after each 30 day period of unemployment upon supplying evidence of continued unemployment.
• Following the member's return to work and/or the completion of any unemployment payment waiver(s) their account may become re-eligible for payment waiver(s) once they have been employed for 30 hours or more per week for a period of 4 months.
The following situations are not covered:
• Waiver requests filed after 90 days from the date of the work stoppage.
• Any rental agreement executed on or after the first day of unemployment.
• Unemployment or off work due to family leave, during pregnancy and childbirth, death, or any situation of disability, sickness or disease.
• When a member voluntarily quits, resigns, retires or upon having an employment contract expire.
• Termination as a result of incarceration, criminal misconduct as defined by local, state or federal law.
• Willful misconduct meaning a transgression of an established rule or conduct, a forbidden act, or willful act of dishonesty or dereliction of duty.
• When the member is receiving severance or termination pay from their prior employer.
• If the member is/was self-employed or is/was employed by a family member (including but not limited to spouse, parent, child or sibling) unless they have declared bankruptcy.
• If the member is a contract, temporary or seasonal worker and has completed their contract, temporary or seasonally scheduled job as planned and expected or as customary for their type of work.
• If the member is an employee of an educational facility and is on a routine, planned or scheduled break.
• If the customer was not an Okinus Care Plus member prior to becoming unemployed or had pending notice of unemployment.
Product Protection* ( Not available in CA)
This benefit allows members to rent replacement merchandise and continue to rent towards ownership without starting over should they suffer a loss resulting from: fire/smoke damage, windstorm/lightning/flood/hail damage or theft.
• For a covered theft loss, the merchandise must be removed from a locked and secured building with visible signs of entry to the exterior.
• Members must be in good standing on rental agreement(s) and program payments at the time of loss.
• If rented merchandise is damaged beyond repair, stolen or destroyed by a covered event, a new agreement will be opened on like kind replacement product at the same rental rate and remaining rental terms to ownership as the previous agreement provided.
The following situations are not covered:
• Waiver requests filed after 90 days from the date of loss.
• Loss or damage due to misuse, abuse, neglect, vandalism, normal wear and tear, mysterious disappearance and abandonment.
Disclosures: The discount medical, health and drug benefits (The Plan) are NOT insurance, a health insurance policy, a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan or a qualified health plan under the Affordable Care Act. The Plan provides discounts for certain medical services, pharmaceutical supplies, prescription drugs or medical equipment and supplies offered by providers who have agreed to participate in The Plan. The range of discounts for medical, pharmacy or ancillary services offered under The Plan will vary depending on the type of provider and products or services received. The Plan does not make and is prohibited from making members’ payments to providers for products or services received under The Plan. The Plan member is required and obligated to pay for all discounted prescription drugs, medical and pharmaceutical supplies, services and equipment received under The Plan, but will receive a discount on certain identified medical, pharmaceutical supplies, prescription drugs, medical equipment and supplies from providers in The Plan. The Discount Medical Plan/Discount Plan Organization is Alliance HealthCard of Florida, Inc., 2711 North Haskell Avenue, Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75204. You may call 1-800-220-9303 for more information or visit okinuscp.mymemberguide.com/locate for a list of providers. The Plan will make available before purchase and upon request, a list of program providers and the providers’ city, state and specialty, located in the member’s service area. Alliance HealthCard of Florida, Inc. does not guarantee the quality of the services or products offered by individual providers. You have the right to cancel your membership at any time. If you cancel your membership within 30 days of receiving your membership card and the membership materials, you are entitled to a full refund of membership fees paid. Please notify Okinus to obtain any refund due. Note to MA consumers: The Plan is not insurance coverage and does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00.
Prescription Savings (Open Formulary)*
Benefit provides access to an average of 31% off the retail price of generic drugs, 15% off the retail price on brand name drugs at participating retail pharmacies and 50% on select generic medications when ordering through the mail.
Vision & Eyewear Savings*
Members save 35% off normal retail prices on frames (complete pair), 20% off lens add-ons and 5% off the promotional price or 15% off the retail price of LASIK or PRK. LASIK and PRK correction procedures provided by the U.S. Laser Network, owned by LCA-Vision.
• LASIK or PRK vision correction is an elective procedure; this discount may not always be available from a provider in the member's immediate area.
• Limitations/Exclusions: Discounts do not apply to disposable contact lenses. Orthoptic or vision training, subnormal vision aids and any associated supplemental testing; medical and/or surgical treatment of the eye, eyes or supporting structures; corrective eyewear required by an employer as a condition of employment; safety eyewear unless specifically covered under plan; and services provided as a result of any Worker’s Compensation law.
• Discount is not available on frames where the manufacturer prohibits a discount.
24/7 Telemedicine* (Not available in WA)
Reach a medical provider by phone, app or webcam at no additional cost! Call anytime, day or night for medical advice. Prescriptions when medically necessary for common medications can be written.
• VERY IMPORTANT: In the event of a life threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room for treatment.
• MeMD provides online medical consultations with physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who can write prescriptions when medically necessary and permitted by state law.
• MeMD is not an online pharmacy, and medications cannot be purchased or dispensed from MeMD directly.
• MeMD is not a replacement for your primary care physician or an annual doctor's office visit.
• MeMD is available 24/7 nationwide, subject to state regulations. Medical Concierge* Members receive assistance with locating a provider, scheduling appointments and negotiating medical costs via a toll-free number.
• Members are responsible for payment of specific services arranged on a fee-for-service basis that are not covered by an insurance plan.
• Benefit does not recommend treatment, nor is it a replacement for any health insurance plan.
• Specific savings or results cannot be guaranteed.
* This is NOT Insurance or a Substitute for Insurance. Get more information at okinuscp.mymemberguide.com. Additional Discount Benefits Members can also save through the following benefits and services: Dining & Food Discounts, Savings on Local & Online Shopping, Discounts on Professional Services, Grocery Coupons, Discount Movie Tickets, Roadside Assistance Savings, Vehicle Parts & Service Savings, Rental Car Savings, Hotel & Lodging Discounts, Complimentary Legal Consultation & Discounted Attorney Fees and 1-800-flowers.com Discount.