Transfer Request Form Process
Student Transfer Request Forms may be submitted from the first Thursday in January after the holiday break through the twentieth day of the school year for which the request is being made.
All transfer requests will remain in a "pending" status until the parent/guardian is notified by the Enrollment Center of the approval of the request. If a request is denied for cause, the parent/guardian will receive an email notification including the reason for denial.
While MHUSD believes strongly in the importance of neighborhood schools, we attempt to accommodate as many transfer requests as possible each year. Over 90% of transfer requests (both transfer request forms and inter-district transfer requests) are approved each year.
Transfers will be reviewed beginning in late spring and parents will receive email updates regarding the status of their transfers beginning May 20th. Transfer Requests will be accepted through 9/13/2019 and will be processed through October 1st, 2019.
Additional forms may be submitted if you would like to be considered for more than one school. To do so, complete this form and use the link on the Submission Confirmation page.
Please note the following regarding our transfer request process:
1) The District retains the right to maintain appropriate balances among schools.
2) Although we try to keep siblings together whenever possible, approval of one sibling does not guarantee approval of subsequent sibling transfer requests.
3) Parents who decline placement must do so within 3 days.
4) If requests for multiple schools are submitted, acceptance of one school does not invalidate additional school requests. Parents may be given additional school choices as openings at other requested schools become available.
5) An approved placement is automatically renewed each year. Once a student enrolls in a school under this policy, he/she is deemed to be a resident of that school until finishing the last grade level of that school. Students who would like to return to their school of residence or attend another school must apply through the transfer request process.
6) The District does not provide transportation outside of a school's established attendance area for any transfer requests.
7) If a student leaves the district, their approved transfer request becomes null and void. Should the student return, they must re-enroll at their school of residence and complete a transfer request during the transfer request submission window if another school is desired.
8) Many factors are considered when approving transfer requests including date of transfer request, class capacity, sibling placement, special education services availability, previous enrollment in MHUSD, student discipline, attendance, etc.
If you have questions about your transfer request, you can contact the Enrollment Center at email@example.com or (408)201-6030.