USA Archery Arizona has discussed for a while the adoption of a Season Championship Series. After extensive consideration, the Board of Directors is excited to announce the adoption of a Series Championship. The series will be based on 5 tournaments throughout the year. Tournaments used will be based on age groups (youth & adult). The following information and guidelines is a result of multiple discussions and results in, what we hope, a fun addition to the already great Arizona Archery Community.
• All members of USA Archery Arizona are eligible if they are members of a USA Archery Arizona recognized club in good standing. (Archer must list Arizona in the USA Archery database as their home state.) Senior and Master Archers must belong to an archery club with an Adult Archer Program!
• OPT IN ONLY - $20 opt in fee per archer must be paid by February 15, 2019.
• Division must have 3 archers opt in to compete in order to qualify.
• Archer must shoot in the same division all year and cannot earn points in multiple divisions.
• Points are awarded based on finishing position in the tournament. Tournaments with elimination rounds use elimination round for finishing position.
• Archer’s lowest tournament result will be dropped from final score. Or Archer can drop one tournament. Top 4 results are used to calculate winners.
• 1st-3rd place will receive awards at the end of the year banquet.
• 1st place finisher will receive up to $150 reimbursement for 1 nationally based tournament that they register and compete in during 2020.
• Any archer that opts in, but the division does not meet the Season Championship minimum will have the opt in entry returned.
Eligible Age Divisions:
• Masters (combined)
Tournaments used in points system:
Cub, Cadet, Junior:
State JOAD Indoor
State JOAD Outdoor
Papago Fall 900 (Halloween Shoot)
Iron Archer Qualification Round
Papago Fall 900 (Halloween Shoot)
• These tournaments were selected based on importance of tournament and overall participation levels.
• 4 highest tournament finishing positions count toward archer’s final season points.
22nd+ 1 point
• Any archer finishing lower than 22nt also receives 1 point.
• Archers competing in a tournament that have not opted in are removed from the points system calculation. For example, if a non-opted in archer finishes 5th, the archer is removed from the list and the sixth place archer takes their place, 7th to 6th, etc.
• Archer in a division with highest arrow average gets a 2-point bonus. This is based on entire tournament, except elimination rounds.
• Elimination rounds are NOT included in arrow average.
• Tournaments with elimination rounds will use their elimination finishing place to calculate points. 1st-4th place will be calculated by the medal rounds, qualification round has no impact. 5th place and below will use the round they went out, followed by their qualification score to set finishing position.
• If there is a tie at the end of the year, the archer with the most tournament wins is the first tie breaker. If there is still a tie, then it is the archer with the higher per arrow average.
Special Rules for Masters:
• Due to the scattered participation, Masters will be combined for season ending points. With archer's permission, gender may be combined also!
• Points will be based on how the archer finishes in EACH TOURNAMENT. So, you can have 3 archers win maximum points. Compound Men 50, 60, 70 will each have a winner. High arrow average bonus will be done by AGE group. Tie breaker as above.
Once you have Opted In and the first tournament in your division has started (registration check in time has passed), you can not Opt Out. Special circumstances will be addressed by the USA Archery Board of Directors, if an archer requests to drop.