Details for Parents and Guardians
Thanks so much for all of your hard work, kid artisan! Before you submit your application, please make sure that your parent or legal guardian reviews the below terms and conditions for Kid Row. By clicking "Next" on this page, your parent/guardian is agreeing to these terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for KID ROW PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS
Application and Eligibility
- The parent or legal guardian agrees to communicate with Craft Lake City on behalf of their Kid Row Artisan applicant.
- Incomplete applications or those without paid application fees will not be submitted for jurying.
- Kid artisans must be Utah residents and 14 years of age or under as of August 10, 2019 to qualify as a Kid Row exhibitor.
- Selected Kid Row Artisans will be notified in mid May 2019.
- Parents and guardians agree to pay a $10 application fee on behalf of their Kid Row Artisan's business.
- Craft Lake City supports local makers, and therefore values handmade products. Preference will be given to kid artisans who make their items by hand. Commercial, mass-produced, or outsourced items are strongly discouraged.
- If more than one kid artisan is part of the same business, please be sure to list the name of the second kid artisan in this application as the business partner. Craft Lake City permits up to 2 kid artisans to represent each business in Kid Row. Due to space and safety restrictions, more than two kid artisans will not be allowed to represent a selected business on site at the DIY Festival. Only one application needs to be submitted per kid artisan business.
Agreements and Tabling Fee for Selected Artisans
- Parents and guardians understand that should their kid artisan's business be selected for Craft Lake City's 2019 Kid Row, they will be required to pay a $25 tabling fee as well as complete and submit a formal agreement with Craft Lake City no later than May 31, 2019.
- Parents or guardians of selected kid artisans who do not submit the tabling fee and agreement by the deadline may be required to pay a late fee or forfeit their kid artisan's spot as an exhibitor.
- Parents and guardians of selected Kid Row Artisans agree that images and information submitted through this application (with the exception of last names and contact information) may be used by Craft Lake City in promotional materials, including social media, the website, print materials, and more.
On-Site DIY Festival Agreements for Selected Artisans
- Kid Row will be held during the DIY Festival on Saturday, August 10. Time is TBD.
- Craft Lake City and Craft Lake City’s DIY Festival do not take any sales or proceeds made by Kid Row Exhibitors.
- Parents and guardians of selected Kid Row artisans agree to arrive at the DIY Festival at designated load-in times and locations.
- During the DIY Festival, the parent or legal guardian understands that they must be physically present with their child for the duration of Kid Row, from load-in to load-out. If two kid artisans are representing a single Kid Row business, each individual kid artisan must be accompanied by an adult.
- Craft Lake City makes no representation, guarantee or promise to the Guardian that the rental of exhibit space will be financially successful or return to the vendor the cost of the space.
- There is no guarantee on tabling location. Parents and guardians of selected kid artisans will be responsible for their table spaces and the materials in/around their tables. Consequently, Guardians are responsible for securing any appropriate insurance.
- Parents and Guardians understand that should their kid artisan be selected for Kid Row, no refunds are offered for cancellations.
- Craft Lake City cannot be held responsible for adverse weather conditions, and has the right to close Kid Row and the DIY Festival if any unforeseen circumstances occur that would affect the safety of the event attendees or vendors. Your safety is our priority!
- Parents or guardians of selected kid artisans agree to hold harmless Craft Lake City and the Craft Lake City DIY Festival, sponsors, partner organizations, coordinators, volunteers or employees, for any damage, loss, or theft, to artwork, displays or other personal property, or injury to their person, regardless of cause resulting from their participation in this event.
- Parents or guardians of selected artisans understand that any photos or video taken of guardians and Kid Row exhibitors by Craft Lake City staff, volunteers, or contractors at the public festival is the property of Craft Lake City, and can be reproduced and used/edited by Craft Lake City for documentary, educational, promotional, and other purposes.
- Selected kid artisans and their parents/guardians will comply with all exhibitor rules posted by Craft Lake City and by Gallivan Plaza.