Pine Wood Derby Rules and Information
1. Race is scheduled for January 27, 2019 after morning service. Lunch will be provided.
2. Only the provided pine wood, wheels, and axles may be used. Additional spoilers, wings, lights, etc. may be added. Wood may be cut, sanded, etc. to meet desired shape. Paint and stickers may be used. Axle plates are not permitted.
3. Do not put any numbers on your car. This can make appearance voting confusing.
4. Each boy is permitted only one car to compete with.
5. Maximum weight allowed is 5.00 ounces. There is no minimum weight. Digital scales will be available at check in. Hobby Town sells lead weights specifically for pine wood derby cars.
6. Once a car is weighed in and registered, no additional modifications will be permitted. There will be no additional graphite added after weigh in or between races. Any lubricant can be used on the wheels and axles. Graphite from Hobby Town works well.
7. Cars are to be propelled by gravity only. No additional propellants may be used (electric engines, rubber bands, rocket engines, etc.).
8. Trophies and ribbons will be awarded based on performance and by appearance based on majority vote.
9. The overall top four fastest cars will receive trophies or a ribbon. Racers will be drawn at random and raced three at a time. All boys will race a minimum of three times.
10. The top two by appearance will be awarded based on adult spectator voting. Cars will be grouped by 1st and 2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grade, and 5th and 6th grade.
11. Digital scales will be available after on the Saturday night prior to the race during track setup.
Contact Jonathan Black with any questions: email@example.com