1. It is important to remember that first and foremost, Oasis of Hope employees are servants of Jesus Christ and the North Memphis area.
2. Christ-like service begins with the heart, and Oasis of Hope employees are committed to serving with a spirit of excellence.
3. It is expected that all employees take pride in being a part of this ministry organization.
4. Whether on the job or away on personal time, the expectation is for Oasis of Hope employees and interns to conduct themselves appropriately and in accordance with Oasis' statement of faith.
Please complete all required fields. You won't be able to save your application to return to it later, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
To demonstrate Christ's love to an under-resourced community by elevating and improving the quality of neighborhood life through empowerment and partnerships.
About Oasis of Hope
In 2002, Oasis of Hope began partnering with a forgotten neighborhood north of downtown (view map and directions). Few Memphis communities have faced harder times. Crime rates, economic decline, and infant mortality are among the highest in the country… education, employment, and annual income, among the lowest. This is the area made infamous by the rap lyrics from Three 6 Mafia:
"North Memphis where I’m from, I’m 7th Street bound / Where people all the time end up lost and never found."
It doesn’t happen overnight, but today hope is spreading across this community in North Memphis. Thanks to God and the genuine efforts of many people, life-on-life relationships are being built. Oasis of Hope is changing hearts and lives by creating an “oasis” in the center of an urban neighborhood. Hundreds of volunteers, supporters, and neighborhood families are helping to demonstrate Christ’s love.
Together we’re improving the quality of neighborhood life and rebuilding the community through empowerment and partnerships… together, we’re making sure more don’t get lost.
OUR CORE VALUES
There are 3 things that Oasis of Hope MUST be about in order to bring true Christian community development to North Memphis:
1. We must Make Disciples for Jesus Christ
by offering Biblical teaching, counseling and mentoring.
2. We must Empower People in our community
by providing opportunities for educational and vocational advancement.
3. We must Build Life-on-Life Relationships
by crossing racial and economic divides.