The Gold Award represents the highest achievement in Girl Scouting and helps our Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts make the world a better place through a sustainable community project. As a Gold Award Advisors you would support and mentor Gold Award candidates in the planning and implementation of their Gold Award projects.
As a Gold Award Advisor, you would:
- Complete required trainings as requested by GSEMA's Program team
- Conduct review sessions to approve Gold Award Project Proposals at least 4 times per membership year
- Be matched with Gold Award Candidates in grades 9-12
- Mentor Gold Award Candidates as they complete girl-led projects
- Uphold GSUSA Standards of Excellence for the Gold Award
- Communicate regularly with GSEMA staff and the GSEMA Gold Award Committee
- Participate in mandatory Gold Award Committee meetings - at least 1 to 2 per year
All Gold Award Advisor candidates must complete this online application and a phone interview. Applicants are screened and interviewed by GSEMA Program Staff before appointment is determined.