2019 East Village Opening Weekend Terms & Conditions
*Please read carefully, and contact Ed Decker with any questions.*
1. Booth location to be determined by The East Village Association and McFarlane Promotions, Inc.
2. Load-in time on Thursday begins at 6am, and exhibitors must be completely set up by 9am for the Fire Marshall walk through. The event starts at 10am on Thursday. Load-in on Friday will take place between 9am to 11am. The event starts at 12pm on Friday. Load-in and load-out details will be sent to you within (1) week of the event date.
3. Exhibitors are required to be open from 10am to 2:30pm on Thursday and 12pm to 7:30pm on Friday. CLOSING BEFORE THE END OF EVENT OR STAYING OPEN AFTER EVENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND IS GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION AT FUTURE EVENTS.
4. Exhibitors must post prices in a legible manner and in a visible space within their booth. Please note that we are not responsible for any potential loss of your vendor profits or revenue during this event.
5. Sponsors will be provided with space only. All sponsors and non-profit exhibitors must provide all of their own rentals. If you use space outside of your contracted booth you will be charged unless discussed with The East Village Association prior to the event.
6. All business and other activity, for which the exhibitors have rented space, must be conducted within the designated booth space only! No distribution, canvassing, flyers, nor vending of any kind may be done by strolling through the Block Party grounds.
7. The sale of alcoholic beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited. Consumption of alcoholic beverages by exhibitors, volunteers or employees of vendors at their booth is prohibited.
8. Exhibitors must provide trash receptacles for waste generated by their booth. Improper trash disposal is grounds for exclusion from participation at future events.
9. You are required to obtain and display all necessary permits and / or licenses. The East Village Association, McFarlane Promotions and City of San Diego are not liable and will not refund any fees or deposits.
10. Each exhibitor will be responsible for all of his / her own merchandise or equipment. The East Village Association, McFarlane Promotions and City of San Diego will not be liable for any lost, stolen, or misplaced merchandise or equipment at the event. Overnight roaming security will be covering the venue overnight Thursday through Friday morning; however it is highly recommended that any valuable items are removed from the space and taken Thursday night.
11. INSURANCE: Vendors must provide proof of general liability insurance and add McFarlane Promotions and the La Mesa Village Association as additionally insured. – Instructions below.
12. POWER: Power is not provided unless purchased in advance on this application. Per City regulations, vendors are not permitted to supply their own power. All power must be ordered and purchased through the event.
**ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOOD VENDORS**
1. All food Vendors must meet and follow all City of San Diego Health Department and Fire Department Guidelines.
2. Vendors must obtain a City of San Diego Health Permit (call 858.505.6690).
3. All food items must be stored inside the allotted space, covered and off the ground.
4. San Diego Health Department requires that vendors provide appropriate cleaning materials as well as a hand-washing setup. Running water is not provided on the grounds of the event.
5. Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item.
6. All food Vendors must observe all terms and conditions as listed elsewhere in this application.
If extra space for grill or storage is needed, it must be secured in advance with Ed Decker.
STORM WATER POLICY
Only rain water is allowed in storm drains!
At no time is trash, debris, grease, ice, or any type of liquid to enter a storm drain. These drains are connected to the ocean, which means that any trash or liquid that goes down the storm drain automatically becomes pollution. It does not matter if it is “just water.” If it is not rain water, it is not allowed in the storm drain.
San Diego Municipal code 43.0301 makes it illegal to pollute storm drains. Vendors must dispose of all pollutants such as ice, trash, dirt, unfinished beverages and any other type of trash in the proper manner. Failure to comply with Storm Drain protection WILL result in forfeiture of deposit and/or citations by city officials.