YOUR BILLING RIGHTS
This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
NOTIFY US IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BILL.
If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write us (on a separate sheet) at 387 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT 06897. Write to us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights.
In your letter, give us the following information: A) Your name and account number, B) The dollar amount of the suspected error, C) Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error. If you need more information, describe the item you are not sure about.
If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from you savings or checking account, you can stop the payment on any account you think is wrong. To stop the payment, your letter must reach us three business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AFTER WE RECEIVE YOUR WRITTEN NOTICE
We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within 90 days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the bill was correct.
After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question, or report you as delinquent. We can continue to bill you for the amount you question, including finance charges, and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit. You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of your bill that are not in question.
If we find that we made a mistake on your bill, you will not have to pay any finance charges related to any questioned amount. If we didn't make a mistake, you may have to pay finance charges, and, you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date that it is due.
If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation does not satisfy you and you write to us within 10 days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you to that you have a question about your bill. And, we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to. We must tell anyone we report you to, that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is. If we don't follow these rules, we can't collect the first $50 of the questioned amount, even if your bill was correct.
SPECIAL RULES FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES
If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services. There are two limitations on this right:
(a) You must have made the purchase in your home state or, if not within your home state, within 100 miles of your current mailing address; and
(b) The purchase price must have been more than $50. These limitations do not apply if we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services.
RETAIL CREDIT AGREEMENT
1. PURCHASES: Fuel deliveries will be made to you at the address shown on this agreement, according to a Weather Controlled Degree-Day System. A meter printed delivery ticket will be left or mailed at the above address each time a delivery is made. You agree to pay for each delivery within 30 days of your invoice date.
2. If you maintain a service contract with us, or if you require service calls, repairs or maintenance, which are not covered by the service contracts, you may also charge the price of the service contract, service calls, repairs or maintenance to your account. If you do so, you agree to pay the full amount due within 30 days from the time the service contract, service calls, repairs or maintenance invoice is billed to you. Service contracts that are not paid within 30 days of billing are subject to cancellation without further notice.
3. MONTHLY STATEMENT: If you have a balance on your account from the month prior to the current billing period, we will send you a monthly statement. It will show separately your current purchases, your FINANCE CHARGE, your previous and past due balance, and total balance due.
4. FINANCE CHARGES: To avoid incurring a finance charge, the invoice must be paid within 30 days from the date of charge. The finance charge is calculated by applying a periodic rate each month on invoices unpaid 30 days or more with the finance charge calculated and accruing from the date of charge. The finance charge is calculated at the rate of 1.5% monthly, or 18% annually.
5. DEFAULT AND COLLECTION COSTS: You will be in default if you do not pay a balance on time, file for bankruptcy, or make an assignment for the benefit of creditors. Default means we can demand immediate payment of the full balance. If we refer collection of the balance to an attorney or outside collection agency, you will pay 33% of the total balance, or reasonable attorney fees, whichever is greater, plus court costs, to include statutory interest if applicable.
6. IRREGULAR PAYMENT AND DELAY IN ENFORCEMENT: We can accept later payments or partial payments, or checks and money orders marked "payment in full" without losing any of our rights under this agreement. We can also delay in enforcing our rights under this agreement without losing them.
7. AMENDMENT OR CHANGES: We can change this agreement including FINANCE CHARGE and the ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE, at any time, provided we give you at least 30 days notice, before the beginning of the billing period in which the change becomes effective.
8. CANCELLATION: You or we can cancel your account at any time on 30 days written notice. You agree to remain responsible for payment for all purchases made before the 30 day period expires. We also have the right to cancel your account without notice if you fail to make payments on time.
9. LIABILITY: We are not responsible for damage or loss caused by failure to make delivery due to labor shortage, strikes, or to conditions beyond our control. In the event of DEFAULT, and we do not deliver oil as a result of DEFAULT, we will not be liable for any damages in either direct or indirect manner.
10. OTHER CHARGES: A BAD CHECK CHARGE of $35.00 will be made on your account if a check must be redeposited twice or is drawn on a closed account. Unredeemed bad checks will subject the maker to immediate criminal police action.