The 35th Annual Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival will take place on Saturday, September 9, 2023 from 10:00am to 7:00pm and Sunday, September 10, 2023 from 10:00am to 7:00pm on the picturesque Pittsburg Marina. The mission of the Festival is to support local worthy charities and promote the community through a quality celebration of Seafood & Music. These goals will be accomplished by showcasing many unique quality Vendors that showcase our Seafood theme.
10' x 10' vendor booths are available from the Festival. These booths are included in the vendor fees, and will be assembled/dismantled by Festival personnel. Any booth larger than 10' X 10’ will be billed accordingly. All booths must meet the standards set by the Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival Committee, Contra Costa County Department of Environmental Health and the Fire Marshall. Booth size and appearance must be pre-approved.
Applications will not be accepted after 5:00pm PST, Thursday, June 27, 2019!
Non-refundable Application Fee: $25 - Due with this application.
Standard Food Space/Profit/non-charitable organization or individual (Per 10' of booth frontage): $1,070.00***
BBQ or DFF Food Space Profit/non-charitable organization or individual (Per 20' of booth frontage): $1,370.00***
BBQ & DFF Food Space Profit/non-charitable organization or individual (Per 30' of booth frontage): $1,670.00***
Non-profit/charitable organization or Chamber member will be eligible for a $100 discount on any food booth type.**** Non-profit/charitable organization applicants must submit written proof that they are legitimately working on behalf of a non-profit/charitable organization, i.e. letter from I.R.S. or appropriate agency. 100% of all applicant's net proceeds must go directly to the organization. The $100 discount will be applied by Chamber Staff at processing.
Electrical Service - MUST complete the Electrical Service Request: $100.00
County Health Permit: Actual Health Department fees will be included on booth invoice for food/beverage booth vendors.
County Fire Permit: Actual Fire Department fees will be included on booth invoice for all booth vendors.
Each additional 10' x 10' screened booth: $150.00 - Food preparation area (no cooking or open flames)
Each additional 10' x 10' open back space for storage: $50.00 - storage area (no cooking or open flames)
Waste Disposal: $50.00 (minimum) Grease, charcoal, etc.
Gray Water Disposal: $25.00 (minimum)
Liability Insurance Fee: $130.00
Ice Deposit – Refundable**: $200.00 - Total fee based on actual usage.
** Ice Deposit – Refundable. (But, may be applied to cleaning, damages, violation of compostable products policy, or additional fees incurred during the Festival). If you will be purchasing ice from the Chamber, a $200.00 deposit will be required. The Chamber will not be responsible for supplying ice without a deposit. The cost of ice will be $4.50 per bag.
*** Fees will be accepted only after an application has been approved by the Committee and a billing notice issued. Payment in full must be received by July 18, 2023. Failure to meet this deadline will incur late fees and may result in loss of booth space.
Department of Environment Health
The Contra Costa County Department of Environmental Health requires that all food/beverage booth applicants file an "Application to operate a temporary food facility" (front and back). This information will be reviewed prior to any permits being issued. All foods must be stored and prepared in or purchased from approved food facilities. If you need clarification, phone the Contra Costa Office of Environmental Health & Safety at (925) 652-2500.
Department of Fire Safety
The Contra Costa County Department of Fire requires that all booth applicants file an "Application to operate a temporary food facility" (front and back). This information will be reviewed prior to any permits being issued. Remember: All booths must be enclosed by a safety barrier located at least 10 feet from the rear of the booth. The CCC Fire Department has determined that open flame cooking must be performed outside the booth enclosure. Any cooking performed outside the booth enclosure must occur 10 feet from the fear of the booth and the safety barrier must be located 10 feet beyond the outside cooking equipment.
Liability and Security
The Festival will provide minimal overnight security for the two-day event; however, participants are responsible for their own merchandise and equipment, its protection and insurance.
***All Applicants Must Be Licensed as a Restaurant or Caterer
PROVIDED BY FESTIVAL:
Standard Food Booth Space:
The festival will supply a 10' X 10' X 7' high professionally screened booth with a front counter (Per 10' of booth frontage).
BBQ or Deep Fat Frying Booth Space:
The festival will supply a 10’ X 10’ X 7' high professionally screened booth with a front counter & additional 10’X10’ Barricaded BBQ space only Or DFF only (Per 20' of booth frontage).
Deep Fat Frying & BBQ Booth Space:
The festival will supply a 10’X10’X7’ high professional screened booth with a front counter & additional 10’ x 20’ Barricaded DFF and BBQ space (Per 30' of booth frontage).
***There will be limited ice for purchase.
Rules & Regulations:
- To insure variety and eliminate repetition, the Festival will limit the kinds of food and other items that will be accepted for sale at the Festival. Prices are subject to Festival approval and must be inclusive of sales tax. Prices must be posted and visible to customers.
- Food booth applicants must submit a proposed menu and packaging list at the time the application is submitted. Menu changes without written authorization could result in booth closure. All food products must be sold in compostable packaging. Foil is not approved packaging.
- Pre-printed booth and menu signs required – No handwritten signs.
- Due to the amount of applications each year, the Festival must limit (1) one booth per vendor, unless specifically approved by the Board of Directors.
- You must provide your own propane or other heat source. The Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival and the Fire Marshall must approve all heat sources. Silent generators must be pre-approved and authorized by the Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival.
- Limited potable water for food preparation is available at no charge but must be listed on your booth request form.
- The Festival reserves the right to locate/relocate vendor booths according to the needs of the Festival.
- Tip jars, donation jars and umbrellas (in front/side of the booths) are strictly prohibited.
- The Liability Insurance fee of $130.00 will be waived if you provide a $1,000,000.00 Certificate of insurance naming the Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce & the City of Pittsburg as an additional insured. If approved, you must submit the valid Certificate to the Pittsburg Chamber office no later than Thursday, July 18, 2023.
- All participants agree to have their booth(s) open and operational for the public during the hours of the festival. 10:00am to 7:00pm on Saturday, September 9th and 10:00am to 7:00pm on Sunday, September 10th. All vendor booth fees are non-refundable.
- All participants agree to have sufficient food to adequately serve the public during the hours of the festival.
- Each participant agrees to supply a menu sign measuring no less than 12" X 18" for their booth(s) listing what they are offering to the public and the selling price.
- Each participant agrees to supply their own equipment, including ice, suitable tables and chairs (inside) for their booth(s).
- Each participant agrees that no food vendor booth will sell any beverages, unless you have been pre-approved. If pre-approved by the Committee, limited beverages must be served in either aluminum cans or paper cups No glass, single use plastics or Styrofoam are allowed.
- Because this is a seafood festival, some menu items MUST CONSIST OF SEAFOOD and those seafood items must be sold ALL DAY both days of the Festival. (Exceptions may apply with written pre-approval from committee).
- ALL booth fees must be paid in full by Thursday, July 18, 2023. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- In the event that you do not follow all of the rules and regulations of the 2023 Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival and the Contra Costa Health Department, the Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce will be charged a violation fee, which will be determined according to the violation. If your booth is in violation, the Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce will expect you to pay the fee. Fees are not be refundable.
- All participants will be responsible for supplying their own change bank. The Festival will NOT provide Change.
- All participants MUST supply Festival with CA State Sellers Permit Number.
- All applicants and their menus are subject to approval by the Seafood Festival Committee, duplicate items are subject to change. The Seafood Festival Committee chooses new applicants based on first come first serve basis while considering new and different menu items that will enhance the festival. No seniority privileges will be applicable.
- A $100.00 fee will be applicable for generator power. Electrical equipment (extension cords, adapters, etc.) and Fire Extinguishers suitable for deep fat fryers/ woks will not be provided.
- The committee has the right to allow, by invitation, non-seafood booths that are complimentary to the Festival theme.
- Cars in non-parking areas of the Festival will be towed at owner’s expense and owner will not be invited back.
- No Vehicles are allowed in Festival area during Festival Hours.
- All participants must supply the Festival with a Certificate of Liability showing a minimum of $1,000,000 and a certificate of subrogation. Combined single limits, naming City of Pittsburg and Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce as additional insured.
- All participants must supply Festival with a Temporary Food Facility Check list from Contra Costa County Health Services Department.
All participants must agree to:
A) Staying open and serving during Festival hours for both days.
B) Adhering to rules and regulations of Seafood Festival, the CCC Health & Safety Department, and the CCC Fire District.
C) Leaving space clean and returning all equipment. Must bring own garbage can for your booth as they will not be provided. Booths are not allowed to move event garbage, recycling or waste cans for their use.
D) Following menu guidelines.
E) The closing of your booth on time.
Procedures and Dates to Remember
1) Completed application and a $25.00 non-refundable application fee must be submitted no later than 5:00pm PDT, June 27, 2023.
2) All vendors must have a valid California State sales permit, collect taxes and be responsible for the reporting of same. You may obtain a sales permit at the State Board of Equalization office nearest you. If approved, you must submit your valid California State Sales Permit to the Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce office no later than July 18, 2023 - and Liability Certificate.
3) If you have any questions, please call the Festival office at (925) 432-7301 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Vendor selection criteria
Listed in order of preference.
1. Special consideration will be given to vendors showcasing Seafood related products.
2. Previous Seafood Festival booth participants do not have an automatic right to return.
The Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival is committed to maintaining an exciting fresh look while promoting a Green Event. The quality of product mix, presentation and professionalism will be taken into consideration when reviewing all applications.
Application Rejection And Cancellation Policy
The Pittsburg Seafood & Music Festival Committee reserves the right to waive any and all irregularities, and reject any and/or all applications.
All applications will remain on file in the event of a cancellation. Assignment of any available space(s) through cancellation will be left to the discretion of the selection committee.
A full refund of the booth fee may be given if canceled in writing before July 18, 2023.
Cancellations for illness, deaths in family, or other extraneous circumstances will be reviewed.
Participation in this event is contingent upon:
1) Provision of all information requested at the time application is submitted;
2) Acceptance of application by event organizers, CC County Fire Department, Pittsburg Chamber and City of Pittsburg, and CC County Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S);
3) Adherence to all guidelines provided;
4) All items or artifacts sold and/or exhibitted are appropriate and consistent with the purpose of the event (event organizers have the right and authority to refuse and/or remove items or artifacts deemed inappropriate);
5) Successful completion of CC County Fire Department and CC County Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) inspections; and
6) Refraining from advertising or promoting this event (publicity is the sole right of the Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce).
Failure to achieve satisfactory on-site Fire Department and/or EH&S inspections and/or failure to comply with the stated requirements are grounds for being excluded from participation in this and possibly future events in the City of Pittsburg.
Any fees already paid will not be refunded should my booth not satisfy the conditions stated in the vendor application and information attachments.
For questions regarding the requirements, please contact EH&S at (925 )692-2529 and the Fire Department at (925)941-3300 for assistance.