Please read before signing:
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ BEFORE AGREEING & BE CERTAIN YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS OF AGREEING.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in any American Swimming Association, LLC, events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that I have read and agree to abide by the ASA RULES & REGULATIONS (including any more specific rules and regulations of related events and activities of ASA) and I affirm my understanding and agree to the following:
1. ASA members are assumed to, and expected to, conduct themselves with integrity and in a manner consistent with ASA Rules and with the intent of ASA Rules. It is the responsibility of the swimmer to see to it that the results reflect a fair and honest competition in strict accordance with ASA rules. As such, the swimmer is responsible for knowing ASA rules and adhering to them.
2. Upon completion of a swim, if a swimmer is aware that any portion of his swim was performed in contravention to the rules, the swimmer shall report the violation to the referee for the purpose of disqualification. The swimmer shall see to it that the non-conforming swim is ineligible for awards and records and does not appear in the results unless denoted as having been disqualified.
Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Sport, Venue Use and Related Activities
The risk of injury from the activities involved in this particular program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, in consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in any American Swimming Association, LLC, events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my Heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS American Swimming Association, LLC, and TeamTexas Masters, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees") with respect to any and all injury, disability, deathe, or loss or damage to person or property whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND IT’S TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.