Scholarship Application Qualifications 2018-2019
Applicants must be high school seniors of African-American descent (male or female) and reside in the Northwest suburban area. Please read about the offered award(s) below. Only ONE scholarship will be awarded per applicant.
Scholastic Achievement Award ($1,000)
Must have at least a g.p.a of 3.0/4.0 scale, have at least an ACT score of 25 or SAT score of 1000.
Excellence in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Award ($1,000)
Requires an overall g.p.a of 3.0/4.0, 4 years of science, math or technology courses; (Computer programming/computer networking) with a 3.5 g.p.a in those courses. Must have at least an ACT Score of 25 or SAT score of 1000. Plan to major in an area of STEM.
Excellence in Service Award ($1,000)
Requires a g.p.a of 2.5/4.0 scale or more, have at least an SAT score of 850 or an ACT of 21 and demonstrate strong leadership ability as well as community service.
DST Student Fellowship Award ($1,000)
Need based (family income may not exceed $40,000) requires a g.p.a of at least 2.5/4.0 scale.
Please note: A copy of the parents' W-2 for the previous year is required for income verification. Please make a brief statement about need on the essay page.
1. Complete the Electronic Jotform Application below.
2. Make sure to upload your essay.
3. Make sure to upload a copy of your high school transcript that includes ACT or SAT scores to your Electronic Jotform Application
4. Secure two non-family references to complete electronic Reference Forms found at www.dstschaumburg.org.
5. Have school official complete electronic High School Rating Form found at www.dstschaumburg.org.
6. Submit the completed application by: March 2, 2019