Terms of Enrollment
Signatures: This contract is not valid unless electronically signed by the parent or guardian of the child(ren) and the enrollment is accepted by Los Gatos Farms or Tribal Wisdom Academy Academy LLC, here referred to as LGF or the Academy. The signing parent/guardian agrees to follow all the rules and regulations established by LGF or the Academy including those regarding payment and child(ren's) behavior as partially outlined in the most current Behavior Contract PDF available on the Academy Parent Info webpage.
Switching Weeks, Cancellations and Refund Credits:
Two-weeks or more before your camp you may email Toni Kent to switch session dates with no fee, as long as there is space in the week(s) that you are switching to. Note that all weeks may be full by that time, and in that case anything that you have paid will be kept as a credit toward the following year summer camps only.
Cancellations must be in writing (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. Before April 1st, you may cancel for any reason and receive a 100% refund of all amounts paid, minus a $50 administration fee.
2. April 1st to two-weeks before your camp: Anything that you have paid will be kept as a credit toward the following year summer camps only.
3. No refund or credit will be made if less than two-weeks before your camp date, nor for late arrival, early departure, dismissal for cause or other reasons.
Tuition and fees are agreed to be the reasonable amount as and for liquidated damages. If tuition is not paid as per the schedule of payment, discount credits will not apply and enrollment may be canceled. Parents must pay tuition in full (by check, PayPal, invoice or online payment) 10 days before the start of any week unless as scheduled in a payment plan. Short notice sign-ups may be arranged by using options that LGF or the Academy may have available on the school website, or by speaking with the LGF or Academy Director or Administrator.
Contract: This contract constitutes the full understanding of the parties hereto and no change, modification or waiver of any of the terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties. Any parent signing this agreement acknowledges that he/she is acting as an agent of the non-signing parent, has the authority to enroll the child(ren) at the LGF or Academy and to execute this agreement on behalf of the non-signing parent. This contract is binding and any dispute between parents shall not affect LGF or the Academy’s right to enforce it. It is agreed to use binding neutral arbitration to resolve disputes.
Parents acknowledge that various LGF or Academy programs may include the minor's direct involvement and control over: knife/saw/axe and other tools, woodworking, wood burning, hammers, nails, scrap lumber, bolts and screws, power drills, playing with rope, archery, bow carving, arrow making, stone tool making, glass and tile breaking, paint and dyes, animal tracking and stalking, spear making and throwing, sling and slingshot making and using, blowgun making and shooting, throwing sticks and rocks, animal anatomy or owl pellet dissection, fire-by-friction, campfire cooking, playing with matches and lighters, flint-and-steel fire making, blacksmithing, hammock and tent camping, map and compass use, nature hikes, tree felling, hunting, fishing and trapping, knot tying, lasso throwing, rope bridges, slacklines, zip lines, rope swings, Boy Scout tower lashing and climbing, tree and pole climbing, watercraft trekking, geology and astronomy classes, chemistry, physics, soldering tin and lead, metal casting, pottery firing, various circuits and voltages/amperages of electricity, glue and hot glue, scissors, lasers, hay and grass, feathers, insects, shellfish, wild animals, fresh eggs, milking, rawhide, sinew, animal bones, nuts, fungi, ethnobotany classes and wild edible plant tasting, night hiking with marshmallow necklaces, bear and lion tracking, basket making, survival shelter building, wilderness backpacking, moccasin and leather sewing, toy sword fighting, gymnastics, card throwing, catapult operation, plastic and/or metal tomahawk throwing, airgun shooting, exploding high air-pressure water bottle targets, model rocket making and launching, gunpowder, fire-piston ignition technologies, sun magnification fire-making, open flame, gas torches, oil lamps, kite flying, riding carts and bicycles, horses, farm animals, dogs and pets, bread baking, making toys that fly, small steam engines, magnesium alloy fire starting, stone grinding of grains, hot wax candle making, strong magnets, digging tunnels, making tie-dye shirts, muddy obstacle courses, various science fair style projects, and other fun stuff.
Medical Treatment and Fitness
As my child(ren) is attending programs created by LGF or the Academy, I hereby authorize all adult program staff, or in his/her absence or disability, any adult accompanying or assisting him/her to provide treatment and transportation, and CONSENT TO THE FOLLOWING MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR MYSELF and/or SAID MINOR(S):
Any x-ray examination, anesthetic, medical or surgical diagnosis or treatment, and hospital care which is deemed advisable by, and is to be rendered under the general or special supervision of any physician and/or surgeon licensed under the provisions of the Medical Practices Act, California Business and Professions Code Section 2000 et seq.; or any x-ray examination, anesthetic, dental or surgical diagnosis or treatment, and hospital care to be rendered by a dentist licensed under the provisions of the Dental Practices Act, California Business and Professions Code Section 1600 et seq.
This authorization is given pursuant to the provisions of Section 6910-6911 of the Family Code of California. This authorization shall remain effective until my child(ren) completes his/her activities in this program unless sooner revoked in writing. I understand that as a parent/guardian, I will be responsible for the cost of any service or treatment provided.
I hereby certify that my child(ren) is in good physical and mental health in the capacity required to participate in all functions of the LGF or the Academy and related programs in which she/he/they is/are enrolled. I understand is it my responsibility to keep the information on this form updated (including Health History and parent/guardian status).
Liability Waiver & Media Release
In regards to my child’s or my participation in or reenactment of the activities related to LGF or the Academy, LLC, I acknowledge all of the following:
1. Voluntary Participation. I acknowledge that I have voluntarily registered my child(ren) and/or myself to participate in the LGF or the Academy.
2. The assumption of inherent outdoor risk: I AM AWARE THAT THE LGF or THE ACADEMY ACTIVITIES ARE HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES, AND CARRY RISKS THAT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO ABRASIONS, CUTS, LOSS OF LIMBS, CONTUSIONS, MUSCLE STRAINS, BROKEN BONES, DISEASE, INFECTIONS OR EVEN DEATH. These risks may result not only from MY OR MY MINOR’s own actions, inactions or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the condition of the facilities, equipment, or areas where the LGF or the Academy is being conducted. I understand and accept that nature has inherent risks that may include exposure to poison oak, stinging nettle, and other plants that the child(ren) may touch or ingest. Ethnobotany instruction may also include the tasting of plants and I accept the risks of possible allergic reactions or toxins. I understand and accept the risks of toxic or poisonous insects and animals, Lyme Disease, rabies, bird flu and other diseases and infections that may be transmitted by exposure or class interaction with living or dead insects or animals. I am voluntarily participating and/or permitting my child(ren) to participate in the understanding of these and related risks involved. ON BEHALF OF MY CHILD(REN) AND FAMILY AND MYSELF I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS.
3. Readiness for Activity. I certify that my minor(s) and/or myself is/are in good health and has/have no physical or mental condition that would affect safe participation in the program.
4. Liability Release. I hereby agree on behalf of myself and my child(ren) and family that neither myself nor my assignees, heirs, and legal representatives nor my child(ren) and my child(ren)’s assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives will make a claim against, sue, or attach Toni Kent, Ben Jamin Walker, Claire Yue Liu, associates, employees, volunteers, any substitutes, or the property of LGF or the Academy or Los Gatos Farms on account of injury or damage resulting from the negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by the aforementioned employee(s), agent(s), member(s), or associate(s) of the LGF or the Academy as a result of my or my child(ren)’s participation the activities. I hereby release Toni Kent, Ben Jamin Walker and Claire Yue Liu and their employees, agents, members, or associates, from all actions, claims, or demands that I or my assignees, heirs, and legal representatives or my child(ren) and my child(ren)’s assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my or my child(ren)’s or family's participation in LGF or the Academy.
5. Horse related activities are solely provided by Los Gatos Farms, and are not operated by the Academy.
6. Knowing and Voluntary Execution. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN ME AND MY CHILD(REN), AND LGF or the Academy, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. My electronic signature on this document is intended to bind not only myself but also my successors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and assignees.
7. Media Release: I/we minors/adults/guardians named OR family members later/previously enrolled or present during activities, do hereby give LGF or the Academy, and its assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs the past/present/future irrevocable right to use my name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, video, live-stream or photograph/video/sound-recording/literary-work in all forms and in all media and in all manners, without any restriction as to changes or alterations (including but not limited to composite or distorted representations or derivative works made in any medium) for advertising, trade, sale, promotion, exhibition, or any other purposes, and I/we waive any right to inspect or approve the photograph/video/sound-recording/literary-work or finished versions including written copy that may be created and appear in connection therewith.
I/we hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Photographer, his or her assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives and heirs from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of the photographs/video and other media, or in any processing tending toward the completion of the finished product.
I/we agree that LGF or the Academy and its assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs own the copyright to the photographs/videos/ sound-recordings/literary-work (including any photographs/videos/ sound-recordings/literary-works made by participants, family, visitors, friends, camp staff or helpers in relation to the program) and I/we hereby waive any claims I/we may have based on any usage of the photographs or works derived therefrom, including but not limited to claims for either invasion of privacy or libel. I/we or my parent/guardian am/is of full age and competent to sign this release. I/we agree that this release shall be binding on me, my legal representatives, heirs, and assigns. I/we have fully read this release and am/are entirely familiar with its contents.
Parents acknowledge that all horse and animal activities are owned, operated and insured by Los Gatos Farms, which are contracted on specific dates/times by Tribal Wisdom Academy, LLC.