1) Vendors will be allowed in the staging area only from 6:30AM – 9AM.
2) You may NOT begin assembling your booth until after your vehicle is removed from the staging area. Parking is not provided, but there is ample parking available on the streets surrounding the festival grounds. DO NOT PARK IN PRIVATE LOTS—YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE TOWED!
3) No vehicles are allowed in the staging area during event hours. NO VEHICLES IN THE EVENT FOOTPRINT AFTER 9AM. Vehicle access will not be permitted until after 10PM or after the San Diego Police Department or Fire Marshall have cleared the area of pedestrians.
4) The Festival will run from 11AM – 7PM on Saturday, May 9, 2020. Vendors are required to be open from 11AM to 7PM on Saturday. CLOSING BEFORE THE END OF THE EVENT OR STAYING OPEN AFTER EVENT HOURS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND IS GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION FROM FUTURE PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT. Vendors who leave early will forfeit their deposit. ALL Vendors must have their space cleared and cleaned no later than 8:30PM.
5) North Park Main Street reserve the right to refuse vendors, regulate the number of same-type vendors and will determine those businesses and activities most suitable for the event. Vendors shall not set restrictions on North Park Main Street’s regulations.
6) All vendors must submit their application with a detailed description of ALL merchandise and/or printed matter to be sold or distributed by them. The reproduction of any artwork, past or present, of North Park Main Street will not be permitted. The Vendor Coordinator may request additional information, pictures, or samples before the application is approved.
7) NO Alcohol or Tobacco can be sold. NO illegal drugs or paraphernalia or depictions of same will be allowed. NO racist, sexist, pornographic, or otherwise offensive merchandise or literature will be allowed. Any items in violation must be removed.
8) The North Park Main Street Committee asks that all Vendors use tables, sandwich boards, easels, etc. to display all goods for sale. No items should be displayed on the ground or outside the allotted booth space.
9) Signage and booth decorations are encouraged so long as they are in good taste and do not interfere with neighboring vendors. The North Park Main Streetommittee reserves the right to remove any décor deemed inappropriate for the event.
10) Only Vendors marketing music, tapes, or CD’s, can use amplified devices (i.e. boom boxes) and must have prior consent from the North Park Main Street Committee. Amplified music should not interfere with neighboring vendors.
11) Vendor acceptance and booth assignments are made on a first-come, first served basis, per when application AND payment are received. Postdated checks will not be accepted.
12) Please address checks and make payable to: North Park Main Street, 656 5th Ave, Suite B, San Diego, CA 92101. Personal or business checks will not be accepted after April 19, 2020.
13) An overpayment of fees is non-refundable. Corner booths require an additional fee of $100.00, are limited, and are not guaranteed. FOOD VENDORS are exempt from corner booth fees.
14) Vendor confirmation booth assignments will be EMAILED out beginning on or around Friday, April 24, 2020. NO PAPER CONFIRMATION WILL BE SENT, so make sure to have a valid email address on file.
15) ELECTRICITY: Electricity will be available for nonfood vendors (and food vendors requiring EXTRA electricity) for a fee of $60 for 5 amps or $100 for 20 amps. Electricity must be ordered at least one week in advance through vendor coordinator Ed Decker and you must bring at least a 50 foot extension cord to access it. Generators are not allowed except for special circumstances, must be WHISPER quiet and must be approved by Ed Decker in advance. If you wish to order power, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org /(619) 261-5664.
16) STORM WATER: Only rain water is allowed in storm drains! Failure to comply with these rules will result in citations by city officials. At no time is trash, debris, grease, ice, or any type of liquid to enter a storm drain. These drains are connected to the ocean, which means that any trash or liquid that goes down the storm drain automatically becomes pollution. It does not matter if it is “just water.” If it is not rain water, it is not allowed in the storm drain.
San Diego Municipal code 43.0301 makes it illegal to pollute storm drains. Vendors must dispose of all pollutants such as ice, trash, dirt, unfinished beverages and any other type of trash according to the regulations available to you upon time of payment. Failure to comply with Storm Drain protection WILL result in forfeiture of deposit and/or citations by city officials.
**ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOOD VENDORS**
1) All food vendors must meet and follow all County of San Diego Health Department and Fire Department Guidelines. You must obtain a County of San Diego Health Permit. Those who do not obtain their permit more than 14 days prior to the event will pay a $75.00 County late fee. Call (858) 505-6809 or email FHVtempevents@sdcounty.ca.gov for more info.
2) All food items must be stored inside the allotted space, covered and off the ground.
3) San Diego Health Department requires that you provide appropriate cleaning materials as well as a hand-washing setup. Running water is not provided on the grounds of the event.
4) Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item.
5) ALL food vendors are required to include a $150 refundable cleaning deposit along with their booth fee. This includes any vendors giving away free samples.
6) DEPOSITS: Damage/Cleaning Deposit may be withheld at the discretion of McFarlane Promotions and/or North Park Main Street for, but not limited to, failure to show, late arrival, early leaving, violation of TERMS & CONDITIONS, unauthorized sales, trash and other messes left behind, early load out, unattended booths, damages to the property and/or equipment, damaged rentals etc. Deposits will be returned, depending on the condition of the booth space after inspection by the Vendor Coordinator, after load-out is complete. Deposits made by check will be destroyed if no claim is made.
7) If extra power or extra space for grill/storage is needed, it must be secured in advance with your vendor coordinator Ed Decker at (619) 261-5664 or email@example.com.
8) You must provide your own canopies, tents, tables, chairs, trash cans, lights and 100’ extension cords, as needed.
9) The vendor must clean their allotted booth space immediately upon the conclusion of the event at 10PM. It is the responsibility of the vendor to clean the allotted space including removal of all their own trash.
10) CA Seller’s Permit and Health Permit (where applicable) must be available before inspection prior to set-up. NO FOOD OR MERCHANDISE SALES WILL BE ALLOWED WITHOUT A VALID PERMIT.
11) Food Vendors must provide a list of all foods to be sold, including whether foods are pre-packaged or prepared on-site.