Social Impact Statement Sample - Miss Arkansas 2018 Claudia Raffo's National Copy
2019 Social Impact Instructions.docx
Instructions for Typing the 2019 Arkansas/National Candidate’s Social Impact
Statement. Your Social Impact Initiative (formerly the Platform) will be your initiative on which you will work, alongside the Miss America Organization, during your Year of Service. This submission allows you to explain to the national judges your subject matter choice, how you choose to advocate for it during your year and the metrics for you see for success at the close of your Year of Service. In addition, it should explain how your advocacy will further the Miss America Organization mission.
It is important that these instructions are followed. Any items incorrectly submitted that do not meet the criteria may be submitted to the judges without an opportunity to correct.
1. Open Word in your computer.
2.Start a “new” document.
3. Set margins for 1" on all four sides. The font style may not be any smaller than “10” and no larger than “12” point type using the Times New Roman font style.
4. With the justification set for left, type “Name:” in bold. Following the co
lon (:), hit the space bar twice. Then, type your name.
5. Then, move to the next line and type “Title:” in bold. Following the colon (:), hit the space bar twice. Then, type your state title.
6. Double space down. Set your justification to “center”. Then type in bold and underline the title of your social impact statement.
7. Double space down. Write what you feel is critical for the judge’s to know about your social impact statement and why it is necessary for you to have the job of Miss America to promote this issue. What you write will be
what the judges know about your statement , your role in successfully dealing with this issue, and the role the Miss America Organization may play in your plan.
8. This essay may include some of the following items (this is not to be meant as an exhaustive list):
A clear definition of your social impact statement and the specific issues you wish to address
A plan on how you have or will create awareness of the issue
The way in which you have or will change attitudes regarding the issue
The way in which you have or will change behaviors related to this issue
The way in which your advocacy issue will move the Miss America Organization mission forward
Your media plans
Your marketing strategy
How you propose to fund your ideas/plans
Any significant accomplishments you have made in regard to your issue
At the bottom of the page, set the justification to the right. Type a line of 26 spaces. Below that line, type Signature/Date and after printing sign and date the document. If you forget to sign and date, we will need to return the document to you as it cannot be accepted without your signature. Thank you.
It is important that you sign and date the document as shown in the
attached sample prior to turn in.