1. Please be thorough and complete in your responses on this application. Answer all questions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com
2. We will call your vet, references, and landlord. Thus, please notify them and consent to them releasing information to Twenty Paws Rescue.
3. In order to become an approved foster, you must agree to a home visit by a Twenty Paws representative. The visit will be scheduled ahead of time. We are not trying to be nosey buttinskis; we just want to ensure our rescues are going into a safe and loving home.
4. There is no telling how long you will be a foster since the pet will be in your care until a wonderful home is found and they are adopted. Hence, fostering can last days, weeks, or months. This is a commitment. Though, we strive to find them strong adoptive homes as quickly as we can. In order for this to happen, you need to be flexible about introducing potential adopters with the foster. We will do our best not to inconvenience you.
5. Given the above point, fostering is also a monetary commitment. Twenty Paws will pay for routine appointments such as spay/neuter and vaccinations and the initial exam to make sure the dog is healthy immediately after the shelter. However other vet appointments, such as if they indulged in a
guilty pleasure (i.e. eating chocolate or anything else they could get their paws on) are your responsibility. Thus, please ensure that you are financially able and prepared to pay for the animal’s food, toys, and potential veterinary needs. We will do our best to offset any costs for you; however, we are still a very new rescue with highly limited funds.
6. YOU MUST TAKE THE PET TO THE VET FOR A CHECK UP WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK THEY ARRIVE! This means getting basic blood work done showing they are negative for worms, and are in treatment of any existing medical conditions (i.e. kennel cough). Please contact us for more information. We want to protect your pets from getting the sniffles or anything else (knock on wood).
7. Please give the pet at least 2 weeks to acclimate to your home. As you can imagine, they have been through a lot and need time to decompress. On average, it takes 2 weeks to get to know the dog/cat. If you experience any concerning behaviors, contact us immediately.
8. Find out if all members of your household/family are in agreement about fostering a cat/dog. If they are, GREAT! If not, please consult us and consider of fostering is right for you.
9. If you decide you cannot imagine your life without you foster, WONDERFUL! We will work with you to make a seamless adoption for your potential new best friend. Just contact us!
10. Fosters must sign the application and agree to the conditions in order to be approved.
11. Please save the completed application as a .doc or .pdf file. Then, e-mail the application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience difficulty attaching the file, please try copying and pasting it into your email directly.
12. Once you complete and submit the application, it is subject to approval. Twenty Paws Rescue will notify you as to whether or not your application was approved.