Before you begin, please be sure you have familiarized yourself with the following:
HOP's Mission and Values
Chaperone Responsibilities: During the Summer Program, the chaperone serves as a source of support to the participants, attends and assists with afternoon and evening activities, and helps with other program needs that might arise.
In order to be considered for this position, please read carefully the position qualifications:
1. Must have availaiblity from July 8-27, 2020 and be willing to work in Chicago or San Diego.
2. Must be 21 or older with a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
3. Experience working with teenagers and the maturity to be recognized as an authority figure by them.
4. Experience in intercultural and interreligious settings.
5. Commitment to the idea of dialogue among Palestinians, Israelis, and Americans as a means toward cultivating peaceful relations among individuals.
6. Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
7. Demonstrated responsibility and reliability in prior job settings.
8. An ability to work collaboratively and independently.
9. Demonstrated ability and willingness to set an example for all participants by managing conflicts and differences, whether among the participants and/or staff, with a calm, professional and courteous approach to ensure that all HOP constituents are treated with respect and understanding.
10. Familiarity and/or experience with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is strongly preferred.
This application has seven components and should take about thirty to forty minutes:
1) Basic Information
2) Emergency Contact and Reference Contact Information
3) Food and Health Information
4) Travel Information
5) About You/Work Experience
Please provide the information necessary to allow us to effectively process your application. Some fields require an entry; others are optional. If you exit before clicking the "Submit" button, your entered data will be saved and available provided you use the same device and browser when you resume. If you would like a printout of your responses, click the "Print Form" button before the "Submit" button. But please note that when you submit you will receive a confirmation email containing all of the questions and your responses.