STCW Security Awareness
STCW 2010 - Rule VI / 6 - Section A-VI / 6 - Table A-VI / 6-1
Title: Certificate of "Security Awareness Course" leading to the delivery of the corresponding certificate.
Purpose and Objectives of the Course:
• Contribute to strengthening marine security through increased staff awareness.
• Upon completion of the course, the trainee will be able to recognize threats to safety, to understand the need and the means to maintain an awareness of safety and the need to remain vigilant at all times.
• All seafarers, except persons in charge of specific tasks related to safety employed or engaged in any capacity on board a vessel must comply with the provisions of the ISPS Code, must hold a safety awareness certificate before being assigned to any task.
Conditions for Delivery of Certificates:
The instructor will carry out a continuous evaluation of the trainee’s knowledge, in order to validate the achievements of the trainee. The certificate will be issued to the holders of the certificate "safety awareness" by the trainer via the AMFORE software for maritime affairs.
Duration, Training Methods:
• Five hours which includes continuous assessment
• Theoretical training
• Law of 19 November 2012 relating to maritime vocational training qualifications in the field of security and its annex I.
• GM1 note n ° 214 of 09/12/2013 and its appendix relating to the implementation of the decree of 19/11/2012.