In keeping with our mission to promote local business, the Chamber is proud to recognize members who represent innovation, entrepreneurship and best business practices through the BACC STAR Small Business of the Year awards.
There are three STAR Award categories:
Rising Star Start-up company (in business less than 3 years; buy-out of existing company excluded)
Shooting Star 1-10 Employees (in business three or more years)
Shining Star 11-50 Employees (in business three or more years)
Winners of the BACC STAR Small Business of the Year Awards will be selected for best business practices as selected by an independent panel of judges.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Completion of attached application within the deadlines specified.
2. Competition is open to any for-profit entity conducting business in the Burleson area.
3. Applicant must be a member in good standing of the Burleson Chamber since January 1, 2019 or before.
4. Applicant must be the owner, partner or major shareholder of company and active in its day-to-day operations.
5. Business must be financially stable and operational for a minimum of three years (with the exception of the Rising Star, which is less than three years).
6. “Small Business” is defined by the US Chamber of Commerce as annual revenue of $20M or less.
7. Businesses who serve on the current or 2019 Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors are not eligible for consideration.
8. Any Chamber business may self-nominate by completing the application.