ASIAN LUNAR NEW YEAR & PARADE
NIGHT IN CHINATOWN
RULES AND BOOTH AGREEMENT
The following Rules & Booth Agreement will govern admission to Chinatown Merchants – Night In Chinatown event for Vendors. Please read carefully before signing your application. In the event that the booth assignee breaches any provision of this Agreement, the Event Chairman and/or Event Director reserves the right to remove the vendor from the event grounds and/or remove any unauthorized items being displayed or sold, and in any such case the Night In Chinatown Event Chairman and/or Event Director will retain the security deposit.
1. The D.B. Productions, Inc. and/or Chinatown Merchants grants vendors a concession to sell and display items which are commercial retail quality products, which are not obscene or previously used.
2. Vendors entire booth and display shall be confined to an area not to exceed 10 feet x 10 feet, including tie downs, etc. Vendor is solely responsible for any injury, death, and/or property damage caused by his/her booth, including obtaining liability insurance. NOTE: Vendor may pay for additional booth space.
3. All vendors shall furnish their own tents, poles, tie downs, tables, chairs, electricity (generator), lights, extension cords, water and hoses, sinks, discharge buckets, etc. for the operation of their booth. You will be given one (1) 10 amp circuit plug. If you need more electricity amperage, you will need to find additional power on your own or bring a generator to power all of your equipment. We can provide more power for an additional fee electrical fee. If water is available, you will be given notice of where to pick up water at a designated location. If you abuse the electricity and/or water privileges, the Event Chairman and/or Event Director will not allow you to have electricity and water at all.
All vendors shall not be dependent on the Event to provide any services other than the designated space to operate the booth.
4. Vendor shall have booth/display in place to open for business at 9:00 a.m. He/she is responsible for clean-up of his/her area and must remove all property by 11:00 p.m. on the day of the event. No shows, late arrivals, and early departures are subject to forfeiture of deposit and/or loss of booth space. Booths must be kept open until 10:00 p.m. and sales vendor must be present at all times.
5. Booths will assigned on a first to pay and submit a completed application basis. The best way to get your booth reservation is to mail your form as soon as you get it. Incomplete forms may delay the processing. The Event Chairman and/or Director has the authority to move you, if necessary. Vendors must supply their own canopy, chairs, table and displays. Booths must be decorated in a tasteful manner.
6. No refunds due to inclement weather. Sorry!!
7. To unload all merchandise and equipment for your booth, you may enter certain designated areas by 5:00 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. Once you have unloaded and prior to setting up, remove your vehicle to a parking area away from the event area. Failure to comply is a breach of this agreement. Event closing shall end at 10:00 p.m. Vendor must have all equipment and personal property removed from the street by 11:59 p.m., otherwise your deposit will be forfeited.
8. Vendor shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the DB Productions, Inc., Chinatown Merchants, its officers, staff or agents, from and against all actions for personal injury, property damage, or death arising from or resulting from or in any connection with the operation of the vendor’s concession, including claims by the vendor’s own employees.
9. Chinatown Merchants reserves the right to revoke the privilege of admission to the vendor, whereupon the booth space fee and/or any deposit will be returned. Chinatown Merchants reserves the right to refuse any application for admission for any reason.
10. Vendors must bring two (2) 50-gallon rubbish cans with garbage bags and are responsible for keeping their areas clean. One garbage can must be placed outside of the booth for the public to dispose of rubbish. Vendors must take their rubbish to the dumpster or rubbish truck. Areas must be clean at the end of the event. Failure to follow this rule will result in forfeit of deposit!
11. This agreement shall not be changed, altered, modified or otherwise transferred by either party without written consent of the parties, and shall not be constructed to be a joint partnership between vendor and Chinatown Merchants.
12. Violation of the above-stated rules will be reviewed by a committee, which will determine if the deposit is to be forfeited. Event officials and staff are not responsible for the return of your deposit.
13. Vendors are personally responsible for all taxes, excise, income, or any other levy relating to their income from the Event. According to the State of Hawaii, State Tax Department, General Excise Tax division, you must have displayed or have present your General Excise Tax license, perform record keeping and issue sales receipts. Enclosed are their instructions.
14. No fires or cooking allowed in the Event area, except for the food booths.
15. All vendors serving food must follow all City & County of Honolulu, State of Hawaii and any other governmental agency rules and regulations which pertain to the preparation, serving, selling and disposal of food related materials. If you need specific permits to sell, display and/or distribute your sales items, you are fully responsible and liable for obtaining such permits.
16. All food vendors shall supply their own trash/ rubbish bags and their own rubbish container. If you do not have your own trash bags and containers, you will not be permitted to sell any items, including food.
17. All vendors shall inform all of their staff, volunteers, members, vendors, etc. of the rules as stated above.
18. All vendors must have a minimum of one fire extinguisher with a rating of 2A-10BC within their booth space. Refer to attachment provided by the Honolulu Fire Department.
19. Food vendors cooking with oil - vapor cooking, e.g. deep fryer or wok with hot oil, the Honolulu Fire Department requires a K-type extinguisher which has potassium bicarbonate to extinguish oil fires and a 2A10BC fire extinguisher. (Two different type of fire extinguishers).
NOTE: Night In Chinatown Parade on Hotel Street will begin at 4:30 p.m. Assembly at 3:00 p.m. at the State Capital.
For more information, please call Gifford Chang at 593-9776
Fax request: 593-8277
OUR THANKS TO ALL OF THE VENDORS FOR COOPERATING WITH THESE RULES.
WE WISH YOU A SUCCESSFUL WEEKEND!
Please sign below indicating your acceptance to follow the RULES and BOOTH AGREEMENT.
I/We have been issued, have read, completely understand and will abide by the Rules and Booth Agreement for the Night in Chinatown event sponsored by D.B. Productions, Inc. and Chinatown Merchants.. I/We fully understand that any violation of these rules may result in forfeiture of my security deposit. I/We also understand that the D.B. Production, Inc. and/or Chinatown Merchants has the right to remove any vendor, authorized and/or unauthorized items being sold at the event. I/We further understand that the D.B. Productions, Inc. and/or Chinatown Merchants is not liable and will not be held responsible for any loss, theft, damages and vandalism to equipment and/or personal property.
ACCEPTED and AGREED TO THE ABOVE TERMS, CONDITIONS and AGREEMENT.
PLEASE PICK YES TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS