LOCAL & DOMESTIC GIVING PROGRAM
Since 1993, MedWish has worked to transform discarded medical supplies and equipment in the US into humanitarian aid for health systems and providers in the developing world. Today, MedWish is poised to expand programming so that Northeast Ohio residents in need can also benefit from salvaged medical supplies that MedWish procures from hospitals and manufacturers in its Cleveland-based world headquarters.
Throughout the years, MedWish has witnessed first-hand the local and domestic need for access to medical supplies, and in response to the persistent need for access to medical supplies and equipment in Cleveland and other cities, MedWish launched its Domestic Giving Program.
The program aims to connect vulnerable populations in need of medical supplies with the vast inventory MedWish maintains in its warehouse, through vetted nonprofit organizations and social service agencies that help individuals with medical necessities, working together to promote their improved health and increased quality of life.
HOW WILL THE PROGRAM WORK?
Through ithis program, MedWish partners with nonprofits and social service agencies to match its inventory with the needs of low-income individuals and seniors. Through a formalized application process, MedWish will accept requests for supplies from the agencies. MedWish will then review the request, match its inventory to the identified need, and organize a delivery or pick-up.
The program is open to all eligible social service agencies, and nonprofit organizations and their consumers. Applicant organizations will pay a handling fee (fee for service) to offset a portion of MedWish’s costs to procure, repurpose, and distribute its medical inventory, and the program will be administered by MedWish’s professional staff.
For an organization/agency to be considered to receive donations (as part of MedWish’s Domestic Giving Program), they must:
- Be a nonprofit organization or social service agency.
- Setup an appointment with a MedWish representative.
- Must not use donated surplus for sale or as a means for profit. The recipient organization must distribute the donated supplies directly to the recipient(s)/individual(s).
- Must demonstrate ability/commitment to paying MedWish's processing/handling fee.
- Must provide timely and detailed feedback once donations are received.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to serving all people regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- Complete this application form.
For more information, please contact MedWish International at email@example.com or call 216.692.1685 x66.